Trailer reg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer reg.

Planning on buying a small Harbor Freight trailer to tow behind the car. In MA where I live I'd have to register it, just wondering if it's the same thing for the states we will be traveling through. - Travis

do not need tags in Oklahoma, do not know about Kansas
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Had to put Perm plate and tags on my HF starter trailer for home here in Cali, Never saw anyone have an issue with trailer tickets. Seems the local 5 oh are having too much fun watching the parade.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Yep, some will even stop to ask you about it,

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by trayack View Post
          Planning on buying a small Harbor Freight trailer to tow behind the car. In MA where I live I'd have to register it, just wondering if it's the same thing for the states we will be traveling through. - Travis
          You have to be legal in YOUR state

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
            Yep, some will even stop to ask you about it,

Blue Cuda, your car is SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTT.

Back to topic in MO you have to have your trailer registered if traveling on any highway for non-farm use.

Comment

No trailer tag needed in Kansas if the weight is below 2000 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

You have to be legal in YOUR state
                what he ^^ said!
                Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

on the same note... kinda.. about the trailer. I have access to one that i was thinking about using. My question is, I was gonna carry a pop up shade, cooler and misc tools in it. I have a buddy that is also racing that week that lives close by, is it frowned upon for me to haul HIS drag radials in the trailer? He has very little room in his car.

Comment

It would be frowned upon, each competitor needs to carry everything that he will need day to day, Tires, Fuel, Nitrous, etc. If he is swapping tires he "should" have his own jack, etc as well.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Ok.. I wanted to make sure ahead of time. Thank you for the info!

Comment

Doesn't mean you can't use each others stuff , but big stuff like that should be in the car they are for . if you got put in impound then what .

Comment

Originally posted by stormts71 View Post
                          Doesn't mean you can't use each others stuff , but big stuff like that should be in the car they are for . if you got put in impound then what .

Thanks for the input. Being a noobie... i didnt wanna screw up the first year out ;)

Comment

hauling something for somebody else would make you a mule.....and nobody wants a mule. My interpretation is to help another DW'er is fine, but to have them rely on you for tools , parts or equipment is a no-no.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Is any one using a trailer hitch from u haul on their car? I have one on order will be in next week. Just wondered if you added any extra support to the frame? (Stock frame rails) thanks for any info.

Comment

Working...
                              X