No announcement yet.

Tulsa "Toll Road" Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets be real guys, this years routes are going to encompass some areas of western Oklahoma and western Kansas. We just need to hope it is all paved!
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Here's what I predict (sorry I can't post a map . . . But all of these road were paved the last time I drove 'em.)

Day 1 Tulsa to Heartland Park -- A heavy dose of US 75 (almost a straight shot)

Day 2 Heartland to Thunder Valley -- harder to predict but they'll probably wimp out with some I-335/I-35 . . . what they should do is:

-- US 75 south to US 50 West
      -- At Emporia, South on KS 99/OK 99 to Cleveland, OK
      -- At Cleveland, South on US 64/OK 48 to Bristow
      -- At Bristow SW on OK 66 (Old Route 66 -- the Bristow Chrysler Plymouth De Soto pylon sign would be a bitchin checkpoint, BTW) to Chandler, OK
      --At Chandler, South on OK 18 to Tecumseh,OK
      -- At Tecumseh, West on OK 9 to US 77 in Norman (where most folks have likely booked their hotels)
      -- South on US 77 to Thunder Valley (South of Noble)

Day 3 Thunder Valley to Great Bend -- They'll probably wuss on interstate again, but here's what they should do:

--US77 North back to SH 9 West.
      -- North at Newcastle, OK on U.S. 62
      --West at SH 37
      -- North on SH 4 (through Big Chief's home town of Mustang), through Mustang to SH 66 in Yukon, OK
      -- West on SH 66 through El Reno (past where they shoot some of "Street Outlaws" races/test hits)
      -- At Fort Reno (West of El Reno), jog right off SH 66 on to a fairly pristine section of 1930s Old Route 66 West to US 281
      -- Northwest on US 281 following US 281 north all the way to Great Bend.

Day 4 Great Bend to Tulsa -- again, what they should do is:

-- US 56 East to Lyons, KS
      --KS 14/KS 96 south/southeast to Wichita
      --US 400 out of Wichita to US 77
      -- South on US 77 to US 177
      -- South on US 177 to OK 33 (South of Stillwater, OK)
      -- East on OK 33 to OK 66 (they could throw some more mileage into this section, though)
      -- Jog off of OK 66 to the Ozark Trail (Old 1930s 66, southwest of Sapulpa)
      -- OK 66 to Frankoma Road (North of Sapulpa . . . pre-1950s 66) which changes into Southwest Blvd (also pre-1950s Route 66) in Tulsa . . . .
      Last edited by 38P; May 5, 2014, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I have tried playing the "what will the route be" and find that I am usually way off.. The better question might be, what will the check points be. The route to some degree is worked around them...

Comment

Working...
        X