Team Left Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Left Coast

At first I thought this might be Team Cali, but as far as I know that is Swede (Mike Sporong) and me as Rich Pedraza is sitting out '14, so I figure we should open it up to Oregon, Washington and what the hell, Nevada too. So who else is making the drive from parts West? I know Jim is coming from Sierra Vista, Az but who else? We may be few but our track record is legendary; If you count beer consumption.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Apparently not many....I guess we'll have to work overtime. I plan to bring my oldest son Steven, he's good at drinking beer.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Just joined BS so that I could respond to this post as a 'Left Coaster". Will be hauling to Tulsa from Seattle. Car is a "70 Challenger footbraker small block 420ci, 904 A&A Trans, Ford 9". Hoping to be slightly quicker than middle of the pack SBNA in either Street Race or Super Street. Praying nightly that U-Haul comes through with said reserved trailer in Tulsa 'cause I'll need endless drums of race fuel to travel the circuit! Hoping to have #1 son Mitch meet me in Tulsa and be the race car driver throughout the event. Been looking forward to this event for years and can't wait to meet up with you guys. Your input has been very helpful in getting registered for this gearhead insanity and I am grateful to all of you.

Comment

Brian, that is great! We had a Northwest guy at DW '05 and its been a bit sparse since then. We had issues back in the day with U-Haul providing the exact reserved trailer so you may have to do a little work on that when you arrive. If that is your car in the signature picture its impressive and its always good to have more Mopars. Anything you need just ask, we'll provide advice, but not much else.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by brianf670 View Post
          Just joined BS so that I could respond to this post as a 'Left Coaster". Will be hauling to Tulsa from Seattle. Car is a "70 Challenger footbraker small block 420ci, 904 A&A Trans, Ford 9". Hoping to be slightly quicker than middle of the pack SBNA in either Street Race or Super Street. Praying nightly that U-Haul comes through with said reserved trailer in Tulsa 'cause I'll need endless drums of race fuel to travel the circuit! Hoping to have #1 son Mitch meet me in Tulsa and be the race car driver throughout the event. Been looking forward to this event for years and can't wait to meet up with you guys. Your input has been very helpful in getting registered for this gearhead insanity and I am grateful to all of you.
          Very Cool! Looking forward to meeting you. You will find that Drag Week has a high percentage of Mopars for the size of the group, most of which are owned by MoparBilly's gang.

There is a good sized Uhaul facility in Tulsa that does service for possibly the whole state if not a large portion of it. there is two or three locations in Tulsa so hopefully they pull through for everyone.
          Last edited by BlueCuda340; May 4, 2014, 04:43 AM.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

What with Team Left Coast including Arizona we have MoparBilly and various Phoenix AZ kith and kin. And, we have the largest land area and are home to the HRM itself. Now if we could only get a few more cars outa here to balance those from Florida. We don't need stickers, we need gas money.

Comment

Start an LLC of left coast DWer's, buy one of these and lease it out the other 50 weeks of the year.

Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Hey thanks guys. Nice to be welcomed. I have a question regarding exhaust. Maybe it should be obvious to me but since I live in the most liberal tax-and-or-ticket-all-citizens-to-death state in the union we are subjected to rules that even those who write them have trouble following. Hence, we have an exhaust X-pipe system that exits behind the rear rear valance. My hope is to be able to leave that heavy bulky system home and just bolt on/bolt off a couple mufflers at the collectors twice a day during DW. Is this wishful thinking? Thanks in advance, so grateful you guys don't mind giving a newbie a hand.

Comment

Several guys do that with their mufflers. Kind of depends on the car how nice it works though...short exhaust is really loud, tailpipes make life nicer on the road.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I will be making the trip out from Las Vegas, NV. Plans to run modified PA. A friend of mine, Kelly from up in Nor Cal is also coming out to run in Unlimited. Looking fwd to it.

Comment

Brian and Lou, glad to have you on board, and on the board here at BS. Let's see some pictures. As we get closer let us know your travel plans routes etc. Some times Drag Week is about getting to the event or back as well as surviving the week. Ask the guy who had to replace all four trailer tires in Kingman. Thanks again Rich!

Comment

Tks Bill. Cars under the knife at the moment, should be able to get some updated pics less a few dents & w/ a new set of bead locks in a few weeks. The 40 to OK should be an easy trip ... then again I also got to replace 2x tires + 2x rims once after hitting a semi driveshaft in the dead zone east of Flagstaff.

Comment

It is definitely helpful and eases the mind a bit to be able to make the trip with others whenever possible. As with DW itself, sometimes you can use a little help on the side of the road when hauling to get there or back. That's what most of us at the event are all about, doing whatever we can to get everybody to the last day and then home safely.
                          Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I'm still contemplating asking for un-paid time off and going without a ticket and crossing my fingers to get in..... Rich was a hero last year and got me home
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We are from the north north west does that count for a left coast ? The Guido brothers are looking forward to the drive and drag week 2014 .. We are dragging along a couple more Pontiac buddy's of my brothers as well .. The fact that there is going to be at least 50 more cars on the track ,road and check stops is going to make this year even more fun than last year ..

Comment

Working...
                              X