Tire restrictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire restrictions?

I have read the rules a couple times trying to find the answer to my question and it is not clear so I figured some of the drag week veterans could help me out. Are there any tire restrictions for the daily driver class? For example would I be able to change from street tire to a drag slick for et passes at the track?

Yes, you can change tires.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

And, no, there are no tire restrictions for DD. But, make everybody else happy and use drag race rubber at the track. Thank you.
      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by 68gto View Post
        I have read the rules a couple times trying to find the answer to my question and it is not clear so I figured some of the drag week veterans could help me out. Are there any tire restrictions for the daily driver class? For example would I be able to change from street tire to a drag slick for et passes at the track?
        DD has no restrictions.... other than the 10.80 as the quickest run you
        can turn in
        Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 1, 2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guy's I am working on ordering a wheel and tire setup and needed some direction on this so I go the right route rather than having to buy another set prior to September.

Comment

The only direction I can give is that last year by Memphis, the class cars were either running early and leaving or not showing up till late- either way, they were letting daily drivers run with the class cars there in their early session. I was packed and ready to go before the DD was supposed to get started. In the lanes they were looking at your tires to see if you ran drag tires or treaded tires. I am not sure they let the treaded tired cars run until DD. So one potential benefit- you may get to leave earlier if you run drag tires.
            Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
              The only direction I can give is that last year by Memphis, the class cars were either running early and leaving or not showing up till late- either way, they were letting daily drivers run with the class cars there in their early session. I was packed and ready to go before the DD was supposed to get started. In the lanes they were looking at your tires to see if you ran drag tires or treaded tires. I am not sure they let the treaded tired cars run until DD. So one potential benefit- you may get to leave earlier if you run drag tires.
              You could have left early, but you were running down the road with some idiot with street tires....
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                You could have left early, but you were running down the road with some idiot with street tires....
                That made me LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                X