Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2014 participants please intruduce yourself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brianf670 View Post
    Howdy, new guy Brian here coming out to DW from Seattle. I signed in on Team Left Coast earlier but neglected to notice this request to do so. So nice to be welcomed by so many people of similar automotive-related afflictions and tendencies! Will be running in SBNA and have been salivating over DW since its inception. I have a question for anyone running strictly race fuel on the drag strip: do you pack a giant load of race fuel down the hiway with you during DW, or are you able to run pump gas with retarded timing and very light throttle? My motor measures static 12.26 : 1 compression, cylinder pressure approx 210, aluminum Edelbrock heads, iron block, single carb. I have never tried anything less than race fuel and am fussy about it as I measure the specific gravity each tank. However if I can save a couple thousand dollars and not reduce the performance of the motor I'd try it. Any input is welcome. Thank you. See ya there!
    I carry 2-3 5 Gallon jugs of race fuel and if a track didn't have fuel I was set. Then I could refuel at a track with good supply when needed.

Comment

Working...
    X