Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutz new ride, wheres Larson these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutz new ride, wheres Larson these days?

The registration post had a few comments about Lutz new ride, "Evil Twin." Lutz has made his plans very public for this years DW. Wheres Larson, what's his plans? Will he be absent 2 years in a row, or forever?
    Last edited by RUST; April 23, 2014, 11:16 PM.

Even if Larson never came back to DW, he's clearly "The King of Drag Week", despite what the clueless OKC clowns say about Lutz (who has yet to win it).

That said.. I suspect we'll see Larson this year.
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

If I was going to wager a guess, I would say he will be there, but as Doug Cline's co-pilot.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
        Even if Larson never came back to DW, he's clearly "The King of Drag Week", despite what the clueless OKC clowns say about Lutz (who has yet to win it).

That said.. I suspect we'll see Larson this year.
        That would be awesome to see Larry back!

On another note.... i keep hearing and reading of the OKC boys are for sure going to be in on DW this year. Are they guaranteed spots, have uber fast computer/internet skills for registration... or maybe an early link to registration? maybe they will have Discovery channel tow them the distance.... like for the episode to California? ;)

Comment

Lutz new machine is now supposedly 1000 lbs lighter and according to the video on his FB page they made 2140hp with 28lb boost. His goal is 50lbs. What kind of power will he make and what times will he be able to put down?

Larson can't compete with the pro mods of 2013 with his 2012 setup, whats he gonna do to step it up.

Comment

I think the only issue Lutz will have with the Evil Twin is the aero factor. It might be 1000lbs lighter but its still a 57 Chevy trying to go well over 200mph.

I think Lason is out, he made it clear he didn't like the composite body pro mods. Lutz jumped in the camp of "if you can't beat them Join them" with his new ride.
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I heard/saw he was doing a stretched tube Nash Metropolitan that weighed like 2550lbs...............

kidding of course

Comment

This could have been a joke not sure, but at autorama i heard something about larson building a promod S10. like i said could have been sarcasm, I've looked it up and can't find anything recent from larry. What about Bailey is he defending his mind blowing title?

Comment

Larson probably bought that stretched s10 from last year and is dropping in a turbine engine. I bet one would fit! I am curious too if Bailey will run the same setup & try to survive, or go faster...

Comment

A promod s10? Sounds about as outrageous as the nash.

Comment

I heard he went back with the blower and the pink paint scheme.Id almost bet money he will do what was said.Ride with Doug.Doug ran a 6.98 a few weeks back on a soft tune.Dougs Camaro is my dark horse pick for this year.Plus them 2 together are like Laurel and Hardy.

Comment

Originally posted by phendrickson58 View Post
                        Larson probably bought that stretched s10 from last year and is dropping in a turbine engine. I bet one would fit! I am curious too if Bailey will run the same setup & try to survive, or go faster...
                        LOL. You talking about these poor guys from new york or new jersey? Saw them mostly at the Advanced Auto's from Missouri to Kentucky, when it wasn't puking all over the track.
                        Yea Larson is definitely building it up with a turbine.

Comment

Originally posted by RUST View Post
                          LOL. You talking about these poor guys from new york or new jersey? Saw them mostly at the Advanced Auto's from Missouri to Kentucky, when it wasn't puking all over the track. Yea Larson is definitely building it up with a turbine.
                          That dude worked on that truck everyday from sun up till sun down and was always in a good mood. If it were me I would have threw a match on it as pissed off as I get when things go wrong as often as it did for him.
                          78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Yeah Nick worked his tale off for sure. For sure a competitor in the spirit of dragweek last year.
                            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                              Yeah Nick worked his tale off for sure. For sure a competitor in the spirit of dragweek last year.
                              That's no lie... Even the "competition" for the Spirit of Drag Week was tight last year!
                              DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                              DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                              DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                              DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X