Flexplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flexplate

Who,s do you use? Who's have you had trouble with?
    First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
    Second place SSBBNA 2016
    Third place SSBBNA 2017
    Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
    All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

I have a Hays. Worked great so far.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Whatever Mike had in his Henry J last year, DON'T get that one. Had to replace it on Wednesday
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Been using TCI's. Last year took some teeth off it. Check starter spacing and depth, all good. Have not had issues before with them. Batch of bad steel maybe.
        Second place SSBBNA 2016
        Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

ATI for me
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Looking at prices there is a huge difference, JW and TCI about 240.00, ATI 170.00 Hays 82.00 and Scat sells one for 45.00 (typo?) Often wonder if price really reflects quality or just a name.
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

ATI. CSR has teeth that are too soft and seem to wear/grind/fall off.
              http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...IMG_3754-1.jpg

Comment

TCI on my stroked sbc, Hayes on my GenVI bbc. No problems from either.
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

My dad got a Mezziere for his combo because they would build what he needed. It was expensive(500ish?) but it is very nice!
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Scat here, came with the rotating assembly. Been good since May 20012. Drive it daily, but it's just an underpowered boat anchor.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I've been using B&M flex plates for years.. but with Mopars we
                      dont have the starter gear on the flex plate.. ours is on the conv

Comment

I have had good luck with the TCI ones. Hughes was bent out of the box.

Tim
                        86 Mustang
                        454 LSX FTI ls3 Mast 4500 Holley EFI 8" with C4, FTI Hyd Roller 9.24 143.5 1.33 3.73 5.84 116.21

Comment

I've had Scat's that worked fine until I had a cranking/start timing issue due to a setting in the EFI box. It would kick back and knock teeth off the ring gear. I run a TCI now too though it had crank bolt pattern issues. If the flex plate is square and true it'll work.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I run a McLeod SFI flywheel in the Vette and then a Circle-D (labeled) brand in the truck (converter company). I've had good luck with the Yank brand (labeled) and TCI units in LS motor configurations too.

Comment

Working...
                            X