No announcement yet.

Turbo placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email sent to Hot Rod. I just want to race. What class is secondary.
    2003 GMC Sonoma LQ4/4L80e Turbo Drag Week project

Comment

I got a nice email back from Keith Turk at Hot Rod. I can not run in street race with my turbo aft of the firewall. Basicly unless I make big setup changes Daily Driver is the only class I fit in. Which is fine. Just had my heart set on street race.

Comment

Where are you doing your testing at?
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          Where are you doing your testing at?
          Track testing. Pittsburgh Raceway Park or Thompson Drag way.

Comment

If you head to Thompson, let me know. I am 10 minutes (if I catch the three lights red) from there.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNBOY66 View Post
              I got a nice email back from Keith Turk at Hot Rod. I can not run in street race with my turbo aft of the firewall. Basicly unless I make big setup changes Daily Driver is the only class I fit in. Which is fine. Just had my heart set on street race.

Or you could go unlimited and have a number beginning with "A" instead of "P".

Plus you could leave early.
              Last edited by greenXpress; April 23, 2014, 06:41 AM.
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNBOY66 View Post
                You can always do some Banzai passes during testing or after your daily slip is turned in.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
                  I missed that too. I wonder what the difference is in the location of the turbo? Surely it has no performance advantage being in one place or another.
                  Turbos like the hot gasses close to the head(it has a larger volume/area)... BUT
                  the cold side is hotter also... and they are quicker to spool

Comment

Working...
                  X