X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gray86hatch View Post
    You need to do something with the pickup. make it fit the baffle

Tim
    I did some research and sure enough if you 60 foot hard it can uncover the pickup. So I looked around to find a solution and the one that came up the most and worked was running 6.5 quarts of oil instead of 5 quarts. I thought that would cause problems with pushing oil out the breather but they say the sump has plenty of room for 1.5 quarts more of oil. I'm going to try it all it can do is not work lol.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Be careful filling that much. With the position of your oil return fitting in the pan you may have a pooling issue causing oil drainage problems

Comment

Motor back in and bolted down for last time I hope.

I decided to start tackling getting the stock ls1 wiring harness out of the car to make way for the holley harness. What a freaking rats nest,this was some of the worst wiring I've seen in a while. Who needs shrink tubing when you got electrical tape.

Here's a shot in the car after harness was removed and I saved the few wires I needed and quite a few more I don't. The remaining wires will be traced and discarded if not needed. It's time to do some simplifying.

78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Looking good. I wish my project was as far along as yours is.

Comment

Got the ECM mounted behind glove box tonight and wiring almost finished. Still have some dressing up to do on wiring and hiding everything all nice and neat. Then it's on to header wrapping and installing turbo setup and running the boost controller solenoids and plumbing. Should have her fired off in a few weeks.

Comment

your work is all top notch! is there a way to remove the AN fitting from the top hose and slip it over a stock water pump? Might be hard to weld one on the side of the road in the middle of Nowhere, USA. I predict this thing will surprise a lot of people! When you are done with DW I think you should gear it up and hit the Mile!
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
              1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                your work is all top notch! is there a way to remove the AN fitting from the top hose and slip it over a stock water pump? Might be hard to weld one on the side of the road in the middle of Nowhere, USA. I predict this thing will surprise a lot of people! When you are done with DW I think you should gear it up and hit the Mile!
                I made a spare water pump for the road. I hope your right on the surprising people part. Don't know bout the mile but planning on turning it up for the last day of DW. I can't run but a 10.0 cause no liscense. I plan on hitting it with a lot of boost on my last pass of DW if car is still running and see what it will run. I been soldering and running wires,nothing exciting so not many photo updates. When I get to all the exciting parts of the build I will start posting pics again.

Comment

LOL! or you could just bring a spare, don't know why I did not think of that, glad to see you thinking ahead!

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Im not as far along as you but getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post
                      Im not as far along as you but getting there.
                      Looking good troy. How do you get the air from the blower through the intercooler. Just wondering cause I've never seen a front mount on a roots blower.

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post

Looking good troy. How do you get the air from the blower through the intercooler. Just wondering cause I've never seen a front mount on a roots blower.
                        I'm going to mount the s/c on drivers side using the bolt holes where it mounted to the ford intake. there is another set of holes around the output on the bottom where a very small stock intercooler was, I'm going to fab up a 3in tube to a flange that mounts there points forward. if i get 10psi i'l be happy! the hotrod build that I based my motor on uses a entry level centrifugal pushing just over 8psi (no intercooler) and makes 672 on safe timing and a splash of 110. the way i look at it if I can make 600hp/600tq on 10psi intercooled il have smile on my face!

Comment

Like this but running down to the intercooler then blowing thru a carb on a real motor. lol also i'm mounting mine right side up because i have a feeling one of those rotors isn't getting any oil. As far as ive researched no one has done it this way yet. doubt i'l start any trends. haha!

Comment

Troy will the be a TB before the supercharger or will the carb be the only restriction?

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

That's clearing it up for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                                Troy will the be a TB before the supercharger or will the carb be the only restriction?
                                TB? no throttle body before s/c. I'm setting up 750 holley mechanical sec with a proform main body for blowthru. Instead of the stock air cleaner, mass air, and throttle body connected to the s/c. il have a 3in tube with an air cleaner going to my cowl hood opening.

Comment

Working...
                                X