Hot Rod added a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod added a page

Hot Rod added "2014 Drag Week" under the "news feed" then "events" this afternoon.
    Hopefully this means we will hear something soon.

Got a link to it

Comment

I just found it on Hotrod.com Hit the news icon then go to the events drop down in the red bar.

Comment

Nothing new.

Comment

tick tock tick tock
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

this is starting to get ridiculous.... are they waiting for a bunch of us to loose our minds or let our guard down so registration doesn't fill up so fast - or do they just like messing with us?
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
              this is starting to get ridiculous.... are they waiting for a bunch of us to loose our minds or let our guard down so registration doesn't fill up so fast - or do they just like messing with us?
              They just like messing with us.

Comment

i hope my job doesn't decide to look at my computer history. being on bangshift, hot rod, and hot rod facebook 4 times a day for the last month looks pretty bad.....
                1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

heh...4 times a day? try 4 times an HOUR...
                  http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
                  Join The Militia

Comment

Guys, be careful. Don't drink the DW Kool-Aid!
                    sigpic

Comment

Not allowed to use internet at work had to get a smart phone
                      Drag week 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18
                      Power Tour 97,98,99,00,02,04,05
                      Street Machine Nats 79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93

Comment

Why would Hot Rod kill all the extra interest in their virtual platforms by opening registration now? They could easily get 2-3 more months of extra page views by waiting. The extra ad revenue would probably beat the interest on the "float" (that is what they earn on holding the registration money in an interest-bearing account before they pay the track rentals)

Comment

Given the "float" is worth near zero these days, the page view pimpin' may mean we wait until August.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                            Why would Hot Rod kill all the extra interest in their virtual platforms by opening registration now? They could easily get 2-3 more months of extra page views by waiting. The extra ad revenue would probably beat the interest on the "float" (that is what they earn on holding the registration money in an interest-bearing account before they pay the track rentals)
                            They will get plenty of ad revenue just from the waiting list guys and who is in
                            and who didnt get in... the money drawing interest is " money in the bank"

Comment

What interest? Unless they put it in the market, it's not earning anything.

The page hit count last year had to have bordered on that of a Denial of Service attack, but the money comes from unique page hits - unique IP addresses hitting the page. The advertisers want huge numbers on that. Putting DW information on it's own page helps them determine what is generating interest.

I'm kinda burned out on Reality, Suspense, and Drama. I know it sells, but I'm not buying it this year. Some folks do need to be able to schedule the dates for time off, or not. I can't think of a good reason to book a hotel in Oklahoma in September otherwise.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X