Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to show up at Tulsa if you don't get pre-registered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to show up at Tulsa if you don't get pre-registered?

I'm reasonably sure that if I miss out in the sign-up "land rush," I'm going to show up on registration day anyhow in the faint hope that not all of the "insiders" will make it to Tulsa.

Just curious how many other racers think they'll do that.

If I magically come upon a week's vacation in September I'd gamble the 1,200 mile drive out there for onsite registration. If for some reason I get there and don't get a ticket in, I'll work on bumming a ride again, with a participant or Hot Rod crew
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

we'll do a walkup. I'm not sitting here waiting for the day and wearing out my F5 key. Worst case scenario, we'll drink beer and watch for a day or two. Talking momma into camping is gonna be the real trick.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        we'll do a walkup. I'm not sitting here waiting for the day and wearing out my F5 key. Worst case scenario, we'll drink beer and watch for a day or two. Talking momma into camping is gonna be the real trick.
        THIS!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I will.

Comment

me too...

Comment

Me too

Comment

I will be willing to drive the 20 miles in hopes of getting in if I do not make the first 260 spots. But there is no doubt I will wear out any and all keys on this laptop to get registered.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I'm real close and will be there also.

Comment

It's a long drive, I'll make sure to register.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

2,400 mile round trip, no less the $800 in fuel to tow there and back. No way i'd head out there without being registered.
                      http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...IMG_3754-1.jpg

Comment

I live 12 miles from the track. I will try if I don't to Get registered
                        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

If I get in fine if not I'll still show up and try to get in.If not Im still going to attend.Brother lives in Broken Arrow,I live in Topeka and my nephew lives in Norman and I have friends in Great Bend.No brainer.Made to many friends not to go.May become a DW groupie. LOL.

Comment

As one of the “chosen”, (by way of loosing last years Daily Driver Round 5 to gentleman racer Scott Abbott) we where told we would receive the advanced email alert and opportunity to register before the general registration offering. Given this head-start advantage, if we miss registration we don’t deserve to get in.

However; having said that, I will still drive the 2,400 mile round trip and stand in line for walk-up registration – I’m too old to miss another Drag Week, I must do it while I still can, plus we’ve got some more junk to show Mr. Scott, our work is not yet finish with him and his Mopar buds…LOL

Hardy Handshakes, Swede
                            DragWeek 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 2013 with 2nd place in DD

Comment

I got in last year by showing up and registering but was only 200 miles from home. I really hope I catch registration as I'm not sure yet if I will make the 700 mile one way trip to try a get in day of again.
                              78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Working...
                              X