Small-Block PA, Paul Sviniki, 10.45 average
    Big-Block NA, David Paschall, 11.12 average
    Big-Block PA, Shaun Brackett, 12.04 average
    Diesel, Mike Wood, 10.32 average

I think special mention should go to these performances, too:
    Doug Cline, Unlimited, 8.57 average
    Dave Ahokas, Unlimited, 8.71 average
    Michael Roy, Pro Street PA, 8.77 average

I can't determine the Daily Driver winners at this point.

It was an interesting year, once again proving that endurance often trumps out-and-out speed at Drag Week, especially with such small fields.

Upsets included Jeff McConnell dropping out after a massive wheelstand and Jay Brown out after valvetrain trouble.

There were only three 7-second passes this year, one from Eddie Miler and two from Larry Larson. Last year's winner still holds the record for lowest et and greatest number of 7-second passes and lowest average.

Re: Hot Rod Drag Week results: WINNERS are here

LARRY!!!!

Congrats to all the winners, especially Larsen. That guy rules.

Brian
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

A true test of endurance and speed. Maybe someday. Interesting to see the big blocks slower than the small blocks. Congrats to the winners.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

so, what are the results of the daily driver classes?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

The winner of big block n/a is that the Yellow Buick from the PGD'S?

Comment

Yes, the yellow buick won bb/na. He had the tranny out in BG on monday but was able to fix it, I think it was a leak of some kind. nice car!

Comment

The yellow Skylark had an oil leak from a galley plug at the back of the block on Tuesday in Bowling Green. He was not sure if he was going to fix it and continue. I am sure he is now glad that he did

The winner for the daily driver class was Steve Eden in the yellow 70 nova with the 4-speed. It was a close final with Steve's better reaction time in the nova besting George Brown III in his very consistent 26 Ford model T. The nova ran a 13.224 on a 13.11 dial in versus the T with a 15.223 on a 15.11 dial in.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone that finished.

What a blast Dragweek is. I'm sorry I missed it again.

Some of the times seem slower then I thought they would be.

I hope I can make it next year.
                Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Let me add my congrats to all the winners, especially David Paschall in BB/NA. He seemed like a heck of a nice guy, with a beautiful car, and I'm glad that he won the class when I had to drop out.

Also FWIW, Larry Larsen's car left the biggest impression on me this week. That thing has a got a LOT more in it...

Paul (purplecobra), I still have your magnet-on-a-stick ! PM me your address and I'll send it back to you - Jay

Comment

Jay, sorry you had problems since you had me covered. We couldn't get what we wanted out of the car and felt relieved just to finish. Motor was only a week old and didn't have time to dial it in better. The Galaxie is awesome and you'll have it a winner for next year I'm sure. A good friend watched your car on the live feeds and hated to pull against you since he loved your car so much
                    Take care,

David Paschall

Comment

Thanks for signing in, David, and congrats on the win! Even if you thought the win was soft since Jay dropped out, still, you DID IT.

Comment

Originally posted by stg1buick
                        Jay, sorry you had problems since you had me covered. We couldn't get what we wanted out of the car and felt relieved just to finish. Motor was only a week old and didn't have time to dial it in better. The Galaxie is awesome and you'll have it a winner for next year I'm sure. A good friend watched your car on the live feeds and hated to pull against you since he loved your car so much
                        Take care,

David Paschall
                        Congrats David! It was good to talk to you on Friday. I did the lobbying we discussed but not sure if it helped. Glad to see you made it all the way. Now I am going to have to step up my program a few notches!

Comment

Congratulations to David and Mike and Larry and all the great wins. David, there is no softness in a DW win. Enjoy it. I expect to be back next year to try and battle it out with you guys in BB/NA.

P.S. Double congrats to Mike Crow. Absolutely the Spirit of Drag Week!
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hey David, It was good to chat on Friday. Man, what a relief. Hope my hood comes in soon so I can try my spacer. I really think we have some restrictions around the carb and I think the new hood will help since we had to jack the back of the stock hood up anyway. I honestly think this was the hardest week of my life to this point. I won't ever try this alone again. Already thinking about just having fun next year. My wife wants me to get our Turbo Regal done so she can try Daily Driver. I just don't know how to make sure they don't think one car is supporting the other?

David Paschall

Comment

just a quick note, main reason for my lousy numbers (winner modified at 16 something) was on the first night we lost a lifter and hurt a cam lobe so took it easy the next two days (trailer race at 30+ and took a light for a 20. Last day hit it again, ran a best of 8.89 at 151 but last run after that against the 42 willy's finished off the lifter and slowed to a 9.11 and loaded on the trailer.
                              Was a total blast and am looking forward to next year!!!
                              Rick
                              DocFox

Comment

Working...
                              X