Topeka.... I'm bringing my bicycle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topeka.... I'm bringing my bicycle!

If you've never been there, look at it on Google Earth. That place if humongous.

It's a 0.3 mile walk from the pits to the starting line/tower which does not sound like much until you realize you left something back in the pits!
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Good idea!

Last year I had a folding bicycle that I could fit into my car . . . I worked out well until it suddenly collapsed . . . while I was riding it! . . . The seat post clamp broke, so it wouldn't stay "unfolded" . . . and I had nothing that worked to fix it . . . It was dead weight after that.

The biggest problem for me at Heartland (if I make it into the DW '14 field, that is) will be resisting the urge to veer off onto the road course . . . Just sayin'

Happy Motoring!

Comment

bicyle? Scrw that! I'm bringing my first wife's broom!

/edit - the concealed carry one. She got the long range one in the divorce.
      Last edited by Beagle; February 12, 2014, 10:17 AM.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Be careful riding underneath the tower.Dont want the wind to get you.

Comment

I'll have a car to drive, but my copilot might want a bike. Or maybe a unicycle....it'll be easier to fit in the Chevy II.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
            I'll have a car to drive, but my copilot might want a bike. Or maybe a unicycle....it'll be easier to fit in the Chevy II.
            unicycle+wind= a GREAT 1320 video moment!!
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

gonna bring mine too,,, ive never seen a bike rack on a henry j..

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                gonna bring mine too,,, ive never seen a bike rack on a henry j..
                Something tells me none of us will be able to say that come September. Kodak moment.
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Topeka 2011 was the reason we brought bikes in 2012. I had two birthdays walking from the tech garage to the tower.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                    Good idea!

Last year I had a folding bicycle that I could fit into my car . . . I worked out well until it suddenly collapsed . . . while I was riding it! . . . The seat post clamp broke, so it wouldn't stay "unfolded" . . . and I had nothing that worked to fix it . . . It was dead weight after that.

The biggest problem for me at Heartland (if I make it into the DW '14 field, that is) will be resisting the urge to veer off onto the road course . . . Just sayin'

Happy Motoring!
                    2011 I did a BUNCH of last minute EFI tuning on the road course and then got the hell out of there before anyone could figure out who the hell was out there turning corners
                    Last edited by whichdoctor; February 13, 2014, 07:53 AM.
                    HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                    HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                    FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      Topeka 2011 was the reason we brought bikes in 2012. I had two birthdays walking from the tech garage to the tower.
                      Great analogy Bill.

Comment

Hey Topekans .... what's the rule on Gopeds @ Hpt?
                        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
                          Hey Topekans .... what's the rule on Gopeds @ Hpt?
                          Bring it. Something has to do with your age I think. But I'm relitively sure you're old enough. ;)
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            bicyle? Scrw that! I'm bringing my first wife's broom!

/edit - the concealed carry one. She got the long range one in the divorce.
                            I can't stop laughing at this reply

Comment

I should get a hold of my first wife and see if I could borrow her broom!

Comment

Working...
                              X