No announcement yet.

Finally got 1st place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure will hate not seeing you guys here, but not feeling bad enough to stay home. Planning on having the boat anchor in the 11's this year. (without spray) Do hope they get a North route next year. Lot of country on the other side of the Mason Dixon I haven't seen.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I completed the DW dream cruise last year, but to travel halfway across the US to drive another 1100-1200 miles, well I am going to have to wait til it comes closer to the east coast again. I give you guys credit that traveled from the west coast last year. The drive to DW is more exhausting than DW itself!

I will keep tabs on the racing and blogs as they surface.

Have at it boys! ,and girls!
      -Bobby-

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
        Mike you wont be going this year How about the old Man Quick 52?? Haven"t decided yet but it was a long haul the last time and I think it was around $ 3000 for fuel , rooms and no repairs
        If the truck breaks down there wont be money for BEER and that's got be worry... I know that I can always drink O/P BEER and will.. I have been known to be the camp bear
        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Yikes, looks like I barely made 1st on pulling out!
          However, I am not pulling out due to the cost. In fact, I am toying with the idea of being a "partial sponsor" to someone that has never gone and would like to go but can't afford it. I'm not sure how to offer that in a way that would be fun, so I'll think about it a bit more. I just know that the first couple years I went, my jaw was on the ground at the effort that it took to survive the week, especially for those pushing the envelope. I would like to help someone else have that same experience, it is quite a memory.

Comment

I was thinking to and I am going losers!!!!!LOL

Comment

I always enjoyed seeing your car run at DW, Kerby.

Hope to see you back at DW next year.

(2014's Okla/KS loop may be helpful for those of us who are attempting DW with wholly unproven 10 m.p.g. piles of junk . . . )

Happy Motoring!

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
                If the truck breaks down there wont be money for BEER and that's got be worry... I know that I can always drink O/P BEER and will.. I have been known to be the camp bear
                You know we always have an extra pork chop or two.

Comment

Okay PORK CHOP how about this you show and Ill buy you some PORK CHOPS and a few cases of beer. I was always taught to be kind to old people!!!!! Full throttle

Comment

Okay PORK CHOP how about this you show and Ill buy you some PORK CHOPS and a few cases of beer. I was always taught to be kind to old people!!!!! Full throttle
                    Ok Rod.........I think I am a little older than Dale. I could use a pork chop and some beer too !

Comment

Starting to feel like a deer caught in head lights... Could be baiting in for the kill

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
                        Ok Rod.........I think I am a little older than Dale. I could use a pork chop and some beer too !
                        Ross for being older than dirt you can still cut a light...

Comment

Starting to feel like a deer caught in head lights... Could be baiting in for the kill
                          Pork Chop are you planning to go or is it to far. I think its close to 1000 miles each way. It was a long drive the last time Iwent???

Comment

Ross for being older than dirt you can still cut a light...
                            Yes Dale....but unfortunately they are called red lights lol.

Comment

Pork Chop are you planning to go or is it to far. I think its close to 1000 miles each way. It was a long drive the last time Iwent???
                              Rod right now it doesn't look like im going.. Still kicking it around been offer a chance to go to the BBF shoot out in KY. its a 3 day event and a lot closer... Sure would like to go to DW but that's a lot of miles and money to make a couple passes... Think I'm throwing in the towel and let some new blood have there turn... There's always the (LID) and Ulby

Comment

Working...
                              X