Finally got 1st place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got 1st place!

I'm not fast enough, smart enough or quick enough to win any of the DW classes, so here goes my best attempt at a DW 1st place... I am hoping to be the 1st to pull out of DW '14. Please, even if you know, don't tell me I'm not the first, just let me live my dream.

I have had an absolute blast on the last 5 DWs and I would recommend it to anyone that loves cars. It is a rather expensive vacation, but one you will remember forever, so forget about the money and at least try it once. I will be watching all the action closely, so do your best to keep me entertained. And most of all, have fun and enjoy the craziness that is DW (except you Jake, I want you to be serious this time. Ha!).

Blessings,
    Kerby

Kerby.I too am on the fence on entering.If I don't get in that's fine since its in my backyard.I'll just go and enjoy my friends and the adult beverages.I cant thank you enough for letting me bum a ride for 3 days at DW 2010.It was much appreciated.-Don

Comment

I'm glad it's coming to Topeka also... I told my wife I was taking a few hours off work to come to HPT to see the DW guys/gals do some racing!!
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by ksuhre View Post
        I'm not fast enough, smart enough or quick enough to win any of the DW classes, so here goes my best attempt at a DW 1st place... I am hoping to be the 1st to pull out of DW '14. Please, even if you know, don't tell me I'm not the first, just let me live my dream.

I have had an absolute blast on the last 5 DWs and I would recommend it to anyone that loves cars. It is a rather expensive vacation, but one you will remember forever, so forget about the money and at least try it once. I will be watching all the action closely, so do your best to keep me entertained. And most of all, have fun and enjoy the craziness that is DW (except you Jake, I want you to be serious this time. Ha!).

Blessings,
        Kerby
        Seriously? I have to be serious?
        Team Clueless
        1st Place SB/NA DW12
        2nd Place SB/NA DW11
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lun40119 View Post
          Seriously? I have to be serious?
          And SOBER!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Blessings,
            Kerby
            Tell me it ain't so........who will drive by me at the big end now???? Oh wait. just about everyone.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
              And SOBER!!
              No way.........Im Not Going!!!!
              Team Clueless
              1st Place SB/NA DW12
              2nd Place SB/NA DW11
              sigpic

Comment

find a three car wedge - I'll tow your car and our two there --- you don't have to call it quits buddy - I have a crew cab.... join us!
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  find a three car wedge - I'll tow your car and our two there --- you don't have to call it quits buddy - I have a crew cab.... join us!
                  Thanks for the offer guys, I will take this year off to attend to some other stuff. Hopefully back in 2015! And Jake, just one thing at a time buddy, maybe try sober next year!

Comment

i am 99% sure I am not going. so I will let you have it first. I to hope to be back in '15.
                    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Hey Kirby, totally understand. I had a little hope of going this year but something else is coming up so I believe I'm out now too. Hope to see you guys out there next year.
                      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I wont go going... I did some number crunching and the price
                        is just getting out of hand.. for what it would cost me I'll stay local
                        and have some fun with my ride

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                          I wont go going... I did some number crunching and the price
                          is just getting out of hand.. for what it would cost me I'll stay local
                          and have some fun with my ride
                          Mike you wont be going this year How about the old Man Quick 52?? Haven"t decided yet but it was a long haul the last time and I think it was around $ 3000 for fuel , rooms and no repairs

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
                            Mike you wont be going this year How about the old Man Quick 52?? Haven"t decided yet but it was a long haul the last time and I think it was around $ 3000 for fuel , rooms and no repairs
                            We talked about it... but I believe we are both out.... and $3000 is about what I figured

Comment

Blessings,
                              Kerby
                              I have been chatting with Kerby and I am siting on the fence as what to do for this year. I have been to all tracks except Nobel. I have no interest in the OK drama. Good chance I may take a few years off.
                              Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                              Drag Week 2011 DD
                              Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                              Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X