Please support Alex Taylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please support Alex Taylor

Sad to hear that as of now 16 year old Alex Taylor won't be allowed to compete in drag week 2014, because of a new rule... Please share and let Hot Rod know that this shouldn't be.... Encourage the youth don't ban them...
    This is based on a phone call from DW officials to her Dad.
    Alex did compete in 2013 and does have A valid drivers license and expects to go for her NHRA Lic. this spring.
    This is A link to A support page on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/663988893640521/
    Last edited by strod; February 10, 2014, 01:07 PM.

She has my support... she showed that she was a responsible person
    the whole time she was on DW... no reason to change that rule

Comment

Hey guys, I guess the only things I can say about this are 1) The people involved with DW are making an inquiry with the insurance company in the next few days. 2) There's no new "rule" part of the online registration has always been about being 18. I am not saying this because I don't think Alex is a capable racer, but it bears mentioning because people seem to think that there is some sort of conspiracy to stop her from participating. The fact is that they're trying to do what they can do with the insurance company. That's no guarantee, but they're trying.

I sincerely hope it works out for everyone.
      Last edited by Brian Lohnes; February 9, 2014, 10:40 AM.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
        Hey guys, I guess the only things I can say about this are 1) The people involved with DW are making an inquiry with the insurance company in the next few days. 2) There's no new "rule" part of the online registration has always been about being 18. I am not saying this because I don't think Alex is a capable racer, but it bears mentioning because people seem to think that there is some sort of conspiracy to stop her from participating. The fact is that they're trying to do what they can do with the insurance company. That's no guarantee, but they're trying.

I sincerely hope it works out for everyone.
        Then based on that she shouldnt have a problem IF she has a parents signature which
        she did last year(mother was riding along)

Comment

Two words.. "fake ID".. not like we didn't do that 30 something years ago to buy beer!!

On a serious note. I hope hot rod gets it worked out so she can participate cause it seems she'll be going a lot faster come summer time!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Trying to understand the issue. Is it that she can't "legally" sign herself up on the online system?

If so, then that should be easy to handle. I have signed my son up for a variety of events via online system and since he is (currently) 14, there is an extra step of my giving my legal consent... Not sure how this event would be any different? Just have to set the system up for it. I assume that the outside company that does the registration has a way....

Comment

Alex certainly has my support. I raced against her last year and she has proven herself beyond a doubt. I am sure no one at Hot Rod wants to keep her from competing. It is as Brian says. Let us hope they can work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                Then based on that she shouldnt have a problem IF she has a parents signature which
                she did last year(mother was riding along)
                driver has to sign waiver at track.. and must be 18.. so how she did it last year is a bigger issue, I'd say..

Comment

I hate insurance companies. Blood suckers-all of them. Hope the HotRod staff gets it worked out. If you need the Bangshift army to write emails/phone calls/etc please lets us know!
                  Last edited by Dino98T/A; February 9, 2014, 01:59 PM.
                  http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                    driver has to sign waiver at track.. and must be 18.. so how she did it last year is a bigger issue, I'd say..
                    I dont think its a track issue... I have seen LOTS of 16 year old drivers... it does say that
                    a legal drivers license is required... hell with parent consent they drive at 12 years old
                    in the junior dragsters.... I know she had some issues at the registration/tech last year and
                    they finally got it straightened out

Comment

I certainly hope that Hot Rod can get this worked out for Alex. I had heard that she had a similar problem last year, but some strings were pulled and she got to run. I hope that this gets taken car of. We all like to see the younger folks taking up the hobby and getting involved. Not to mention that she has a really nice car and kicked my old trucks butt last year. I thought I might have a chance to out run her this year but then she starts talking about twin turbos (with pictures to boot!)-I don't know if I have that much nitrous.
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                        I dont think its a track issue... I have seen LOTS of 16 year old drivers... it does say that
                        a legal drivers license is required... hell with parent consent they drive at 12 years old
                        in the junior dragsters.... I know she had some issues at the registration/tech last year and
                        they finally got it straightened out
                        still think the legal gard. needs to also sign the waiver.. not sure but I'm sure it's no different at a track than anyother place that you sign a legal binding contract Wish her luck.. but I see the liability being huge if she ever got hurt. no matter what the parents say, now.. not say'n they would, but looking at the way things have panned out in the court of law before.. I don't know.. People can change their tune when looked a few hundred thousand dollar medical bills in the eyes.. hope it all works out
                        Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 9, 2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I hope things get worked out too. One thing I don't understand is that it is perfectly ok to get a drivers license and be insured to drive out on the open road at 16 in the US, but then at a closed event, where everything is a LOT safer than out on the open road, it turns out to be very difficult with all sorts of liability issues and parents having to sign etc. Something doesn't add up in my logic.
                          ~Alain~
                          A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                          "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Originally posted by alain View Post
                            I hope things get worked out too. One thing I don't understand is that it is perfectly ok to get a drivers license and be insured to drive out on the open road at 16 in the US, but then at a closed event, where everything is a LOT safer than out on the open road, it turns out to be very difficult with all sorts of liability issues and parents having to sign etc. Something doesn't add up in my logic.
                            because your car insurance ends as soon as that car gets into the staging lanes.. that's why And yes car insurance companies send people out to tracks to take photo's of cars and plates.. and find those they cover and either add it to your file. or outwrite cancel you.. I always had a dummie plate for track time..
                            Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; February 10, 2014, 12:07 AM.

Comment

I understand and know that, but why can insurance companies insure 16 year olds on the open road, but at the track they make a fuss about it?
                              ~Alain~
                              A wise man once said: "There's no replacement for cubic inches"........then they went on and invented Forced Induction
                              "You'll run outta tire, before you run outta horsepower"

Comment

Working...
                              X