No announcement yet.

Clarification of the small block / big block 430" rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Mustang is a City Car.....city car's what killed them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
      That Mustang is a City Car.....city car's what killed them.
      nice movie reference... lol.

I think the Roadkill episode where the chics wanted the ratty old turd and the 8 year old boys wanted the Lambo kinda screwed up my ideas about what a girl car is. A V6 Mustang is a girl car, and I'd drive one, but mine doesn't want one. She wants a Camaro. Ergo, Camaros are chic cars.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• damn....you are good at excuses!

I don't have any excuses, I just do stuff.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by The Outsider
          (one decision . . . to fight to save a race track . . . has cost me an estimated $500,000-800,000 dollars in lost income)

this sounds very interesting, I am sure I am not the only one who would like to read more...
          Charles

Comment

• Originally posted by Beagle View Post
            nice movie reference... lol.

I think the Roadkill episode where the chics wanted the ratty old turd and the 8 year old boys wanted the Lambo kinda screwed up my ideas about what a girl car is. A V6 Mustang is a girl car, and I'd drive one, but mine doesn't want one. She wants a Camaro. Ergo, Camaros are chic cars.
            my wife wants a '68 mustang, but a new "retro" one would do. she did like the new Camaro in yellow, in the movie transformers, and only in yellow.. and said she'd take one of those.. when pushed on why.. her reply, I have a better chance of see'n a Camaro in our driveway than the mustang I'd want... lol.. she see's right through me.. she can barely see out the Fiero windshield.. A Camaro she'd never see out of.. and the new '15 mustang is no longer a guy's car .. at least not the hot rodding guys car..

Comment

This is quite possibly the most idiotic argument in the history of BS.

Syllogism:

1.[T]he suggestion that a 400+ h.p. 12-second car is "chick car" (whatever that is) is simply idiotic.

2. NERF still says " it's a chic [sic] car."

3. NERF is idiotic.
              think you are wrong, and here is why.. all my girlfriends and now my wife.. like fast cars, but they have to be just "so" . They didn't like the 71 el camino.. that rattled windows and was a big block monster.. but did like my 97 f-150 with 5.4 and flare side.. also liked my 99 grand mark (cop car)"fast" but not my 89 grand mark, "slow"... They hated my s-10 when it was a 4cyl(slow) but loved the same truck when it was powered by a 3.8ltr . to say that girls don't like fast. is foolish. and boardering on stupid.. they like refined,fast. they don't like brut fast.. new mustangs are refined fast. not "needs to be man handled fast"

Comment

• There's a difference between being selfish, and not having excuses. I give back plenty. I'm donating 4-5 hours a day for most of january and february to help two high school robotics teams...as I've done for the past 7 or 8 years. I've served on the boards of two charitable organizations for years. My kids got a LOT of my time and attention (and still do, even though they live in other towns now)...we lived on my wife's income for most of our married life, so I was able to stay home with them most of the time they were growing up.

And since I don't have religion, I don't have any "divine entity" to blame, or credit, or anything else. I'll take responsibility for my actions.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Thanks for the tip.

I wonder in all that "doing stuff" how many times you've made a selfish choice to spend what little money was available on your "stuff" and not on your family's needs?

I wonder how many times in all that "doing stuff" you worked on your own projects instead of helping others . . . contributing to the community . . . attending all of the little time-consuming things your kids believe are important?

I wonder how many times in all that "doing stuff" you cheaped out on buying things that your wife wanted or needed?

I wonder how many times in all that "doing stuff' you failed to "give back" to charitable causes and organizations?

I've known quite a few rodders over the years (including some in my own extended family) who answered all of those questions selfishly.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't really want my family remembering me as the person who always "voted with the dollars" for my own selfish interests.

No hot rod, no automobile, no project, no gearhead event, no race . . . no matter how "Kewl" it is, is more important than church, family, or community responsibilities.

I will say this: I won't take credit for the blessings and "accomplishments" I've received in this life, notwithstanding the work I contributed. They're all the result of gracious, unmerited Divine providence. I cannot go any further without violating forum rules.

And at this point, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
                  that's below being an A-hole.. you are a complete @$$.. if you act like this in real life outside the courtroom, I feel sorry for your wife..

Comment

• another thing I've learned over the years, is that if you treat people right, they often treat you right in exchange. I give parts and help to friend who are building cars....and I get a lot of parts and help back from friends when I'm building cars.

Like I said, it's not easy to get me fired up, I get along with most guys great.
                    My fabulous web page

Comment

• Agree with ^^^^^
                      Last edited by tsanchez; January 23, 2014, 08:58 AM.
                      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

• kill it with fire.
                        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          another thing I've learned over the years, is that if you treat people right, they often treat you right in exchange. I give parts and help to friend who are building cars....and I get a lot of parts and help back from friends when I'm building cars.

Like I said, it's not easy to get me fired up, I get along with most guys great.
                          yup, help and be helped.. or at least pay it forward ..

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            another thing I've learned over the years, is that if you treat people right, they often treat you right in exchange. I give parts and help to friend who are building cars....and I get a lot of parts and help back from friends when I'm building cars.

^^^This!

I never dreamed I'd have some of the stuff I have on my falcon - it was given to me by folks I'd helped in one way or another, heck I have a cool old tach from a guy I've never met in person!
                            I've found that real car guys (like most of us here) take care of each other whenever possible...

"you need one of those? yea - I've got one here ya go - and thanks for all your time helping me on ..."

That's how it works - and Jim is a shining example of that.
                            Keep on keeping on Jimbo - no offense intended on my part, just a rust belters envy of your location!
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                            X