HRM 0314 Street Outlaws Comments on DW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRM 0314 Street Outlaws Comments on DW

So the March edition of HRM has Big Chief and Murder Nova talking about DW. Their comments about it are about like Andy Frosts- they respect it but don't think it is the absolute yardstick. They also have a few other opinions voiced- about Larson for one. BC can't stand him. They are still claiming that they will return and try to run in the 6's. We will see...
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

HRM likes to stir it to stoke sales and revenues. Whether or not a car completes DW really has almost nothing to do with its 660' performance on a un-prepped street. And vice versa.

Nothing to see here. Move on.

Comment

i hope they put diapers on "street cars" to keep track clean up times to a minimum

Comment

Originally posted by racefast View Post
        i hope they put diapers on "street cars" to keep track clean up times to a minimum
        Don't all cars that are certified to run in the 6s have to have an oil containment device?

Comment

The whole diaper thing is a royal PITA. Let's agree not to mention it again.

When or IF, the OKC guys show up with something then we'll all have the chance to see what they can do on 'our' turf.

That said I do not have a current running car that could definitly break in to their list, so maybe I'm better off just sitting back and watching.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Bill, I would love to see you slap the farm truck around with your straw hat hanging out of the cage.
            1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
            1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Better yet have FarmTrucks dog ride shotgun.LOL.

Comment

I have a dog, Ben the Rottweiler. He rides in the car although not down the track. I feel real good about the dog to dog aspect of the match up other than the weight disadvantage, but then I already bring my own weight disadvantage.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

135 here. I can help.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                    Don't all cars that are certified to run in the 6s have to have an oil containment device?
                    cars dont get certified just chassis/ cages

Comment

Apparently they invited Tom Bailey and Larson to be part of the DW episode- both declined.
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

cars dont get certified just chassis/ cages
                        sorry my bad i did not answer the question

In classes where specified, must utilize an NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device. SFI Spec 7.1 or 7.2 Lower Engine Containment Device permitted. A properly fitting lower engine ballistic/restraint device mandatory
                        they are only required if you are in a nhra class that requires it or advanced et 7.5 and faster
                        but i think they are a courtesy to other racers and track personnel and i will not mention this again for cdmbill sake

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          I have a dog, Ben the Rottweiler. He rides in the car although not down the track. I feel real good about the dog to dog aspect of the match up other than the weight disadvantage, but then I already bring my own weight disadvantage.
                          But the real question is, does your dog have his own fire suit?

I'd hope that Bill's mountain-motor Mustang could handle that Heavy Chevy . . . .

Comment

sorry my bad i did not answer the question

In classes where specified, must utilize an NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device. SFI Spec 7.1 or 7.2 Lower Engine Containment Device permitted. A properly fitting lower engine ballistic/restraint device mandatory
                            they are only required if you are in a nhra class that requires it or advanced et 7.5 and faster
                            but i think they are a courtesy to other racers and track personnel and i will not mention this again for cdmbill sake
                            So is the answer "NO" because none of the Unlimited or other potentially sub-7.50 e.t. cars are running in a specific NHRA class at DW? Or is it "YES" because any car that runs a sub-7.50 e.t. has to have a "containment" device?
                            Last edited by 38P; January 13, 2014, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                              So is the answer "NO" because none of the Unlimited or other potentially sub-7.50 e.t. cars are running in a specific NHRA class at DW? Or is it "YES" because any car that runs a sub-7.50 e.t. has to have a "containment" device?
                              We have to follow NHRA rules so the sub 7.50 car should be required to have it

Comment

Working...
                              X