Info on winners of spirit of drag week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on winners of spirit of drag week

I posted this on Facebook .. Thought I would post it here as well .. Thought it would be cool to hear the stories of the other spirit of drag week winners .. A specially being 10 th anniversary next year
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bobs302z; January 4, 2014, 06:21 PM.

I won it on 2009. I really cleaned house on the last day. I won daily driver, then spirit of Dragweek, then I got my name pulled from a hat to win an overdrive unit! I really don't think I deserved the award but someone has to get it , I guess. I did what everyone does. I stopped at every broke down car on the side of the road to help. Usually to find out they were already being helped or to find I couldn't help. On day 2 we were the last to leave the track and it was getting late. We stopped to help James (blue NA big block nova) he needed a rocker arm. We drove 100 miles to a speed shop that was closing to get him one. By the time we got back to him, he found one somewhere else and had the car running. I was lost most of the time so anyone that followed me was probably mad cause normally I was going the wrong way! On day 4 I offered my spare transmission to Keith Harrison only to find out it didn't fit his engine. He bought a new one from jegs and myself with 6 others helped put it in and somehow I got all the credit for it. The whole time my 2 helpers that rode with me were fighting: I brought my 8 year old and 14 year old sons along. The whole time my 8 year old was sick and to top it off he kept getting beat up by his brother. So instead of getting 2 winner jackets for myself, I awarded my 8 year old son the spirit of Dragweek. He got the spirit jacket in his size with his name on it. It was too big at the time but it fits him now and he wears it with pride.

Comment

That is a great story .. Thank you for sharing ..

Comment

That is a great story! I would say you definitely deserved it.

Comment

Working...
        X