Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tech questions and pre-approvals from Hot Rod - can we get answers before 9/7/14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
    I hear that's a favorite in . . . . THE GASSER CLASS . . . .
    "Tuners" love it, too . . . .

Comment

[QUOTE=The Outsider;840876]I hear that's a favorite in . . . . THE GASSER CLASS . . . .
      Go ahead and pull my finger.
      Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

So is this a derail, a hijack, a fail or...
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
          So is this a derail, a hijack, a fail or...
          D: All of the above
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I am pleased to say that [email protected] answered my questions by no less than Keith himself and all is right with the world. Except maybe Obamacare. Was that political?
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

and the answer is????
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The answer is....build the car according to the rules, and you'll be fine.

(see Bill's project thread)
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                  and the answer is????
                  Yes, Obamacare is a train wreck.

Rules interpretation: I can run the the Saleen wing in Street Race, I can move the upper spring perch and shock mounts along with the mini tubs. But, I can't run a 385 series BBF in a Gasser. They were introduced in '68 and the cut off 667. BBC sure BBF no. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                    I'm thinking the headers on that Rat put out enough heat on the road that you could rig up a couple of doughnut pans to 'em and bake your own . . . .

Cooking... With Your Car: Reusing some waste heat in from your engine bay to cook a meal on your way home. After I showed this to a few people, I found out that there is a book called "Manifold Destiny" on this very subject. I have not read it yet, but I'm told that there a…

But then, if you bring doughnuts and coffee, I'll never get any work done on my car . . . .

Have Miss Vickey hold the doughnut pan.. cause she's hotter than doughnut grease!!
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

That is one of the more interesting compliments ever posted on BS.

Comment

Not going to ask how you know how hot donut grease is. Burn ones eyes more than chopping onions?

Comment

I also heard from Mike Finnegan today on the Fox Notch questions. So very good response in my view.

Comment

Good to hear!
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                            X