Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post
    Did you meet them at PRI?
    I orginally met most of them in OK City.
    A really good group of guys. Crazy normal.
    The racing is for real.

Comment

I've hung out with several of them on a couple of occasions, for the most part they are all great people. None of the cars on the show are currently capable of street driving but at least 2-3 of them are making their cars more street able with intentions of attempting Drag Week 2014. I drove 300 miles one way to OKC and raced a no prep race that most of the Outlaws attended. Out of 100 or so cars racing maybe 10 would be capable of cross county driving, none of those were sub 9 sec cars (at least in their current state of tune/equipment). Dave brought the Sonoma to our local track on a T&T night spectator/car count was 600/140 compared to 100/65 normally. So IMO the show at this point is a win win. The drama is more exciting when you have met the guys and you have a good idea of who you can beat and who you want to race.

Comment

I like the show. Could do without the "As The World Turns" drama, but that seems to be a recipe for reality shows. Hopefully they make Drag Week 2014. Would love to meet the Farm Truck guys!
        http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dino98T/A View Post
          I like the show. Could do without the "As The World Turns" drama, but that seems to be a recipe for reality shows. Hopefully they make Drag Week 2014. Would love to meet the Farm Truck guys!
          I'm needing to visit with the Farm Truck guys to get some ideas for traction. At least some that don't involve tractor weights.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I don't know if you saw this on 1320 video.....

I don't have tooooo much of a problem with street racing with some thought put in to minimize risk.

But even I have a hard time seeing guys line up on very public streets with TONS of people around....

It would be cool to see....but man that could go soooo wrong....

Originally posted by 1320video
            The OKC Street Outlaws came to L.A. this weekend to film their show on Sunday, with an extra day in the city of course they took advantage of it and hit up Compton Raceway... with rumors of 500-700 cars and 2,000+ spectators this of course didn't happen when they showed up to the spot and half of L.A. showed up.

Watch Sonoma / Daddy Dave, Murder Nova and Team Boddie try to pull off a badass race at one of the most famous spots in the world.

Comment

Too bad they didn't just take the circus to Irwindale for a Thursday night TnT. They could run a win light only deal and introduce the OKC guys to the right lane.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Drag Week Cars of Shawn Fink and Jeff Lutz
                Next Week
                And a couple more.

Comment

What's with the goofy neon interior lights on the show?
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I think they need them to be able to film in the dark
                    Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                    Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                    Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                    Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

I watched last night. Did anyone notice that the "street" was lit up with portable lights.

I will watch next week for sure.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Yeah, the "street" is closed for filming. The fear of the cops is not real but the racing is supposed to be.
                        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Wonder what the Sonoma weights and what size tire it has?
                          Be cool to see how the Lutz's 57 does on the street.

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                            I watched last night. Did anyone notice that the "street" was lit up with portable lights.

I will watch next week for sure.
                            Bingo!

And as far as "Doc" getting that ticket, not sure if the police will be able to win that one in court unless they witnessed the violation(s).

I like the show, but I chuckle at the over the top "drama".
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Beauty of the turbo set up is the ability to soften the launch for poor tracks e.g. the 'street' these guys race on. Testing is key as the show sort of demonstrates. Therefore I expect Lutz can beat any of them if he wants to and gets in some test hits.

With Drag Week cars making an appearance as the stick by which fast street cars are measured, every yahoo on the planet who watches the show will think they can go and compete at DW 14. Sign up early and often.
                              Last edited by CDMBill; January 1, 2014, 09:43 AM.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

We were actually with Doc the night he was ticketed. I can tell you any of the testing is legit and is illegal as hell. It was just a snipet on the show but it was quite the ordeal obviously for Doc we were just spectators. He was given all non moving violation which kept from getting a ding on his CDL.

Comment

Working...
                                X