DW 2013 Odds and Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW 2013 Odds and Ends

I have had some various thoughts over the past few weeks and thought I would throw them into a single thread. Feel free to add your thoughts too.

1. A great big THANK YOU to all those from Hot Rod for putting this on. I did not see any of them during the week at all, so I could not do that in person. I enjoyed virtually every second of it.

2. A great big THANK YOU to those who organized the running every day- Kieth, Tonya, Adger, and I did not catch the other ladies name that was working with Tonya. I especially appreciate Adger allowing daily drivers to run early in Memphis to make up holes in the class car time slot. That got us on the road to BG probably an hour early. While most of us racers took a week of vacation to have fun with our cars, you guys took a week to deal with a bunch of whiney racers and work in the heat- THANK YOU.

3. Speaking of whining, some people can sure whine a lot about an event they just completed (and I mean virtually every aspect of it) and still claim to be planning for next year. Seems to me that if it was that bad, you would just stay away.

4. Congratulations to Dave Ahokas. I have seen numerous threads about Tom Bailey on other forums, but none on Dave. Dave made some excellent passes almost as quick as Tom using an engine that was around 200 cubic inches smaller (600+ vs 414). PLUS he finished this year- something he has struggled with in the past. Dave is a nice guy who has been at DW for several years. Congratulations on the performance and for finishing.

5. After reading some of the personal experience threads, I still feel like a weenie even though I finished this year. I got disheartened the first day when the carb started giving troubles. Some of you guys really worked hard and fought REAL fights to just get there.

6. Even though there are several threads about changes that "need to be made" or "ought to be made" or "I would like to see made", I would sign up to do it again today under the same rules. I had a blast!

7. Where will it be next year and will I be able to go??

8. Thanks to the tracks for opening in the middle of the week. I loved racing at tracks I would never have gotten to run at if it weren't for DW. Also thanks to the track workers at each track. I am sure most of you guys have day jobs and had to take off to do this. Your efforts are appreciated.

9. Anyone know how bad the Pep Boys car was damaged and if the driver was ok after his wreck at BG on Friday? I did not see the car after. Hopefully it will be repaired.
    Last edited by Orange65; September 30, 2013, 04:28 AM.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Glad you had fun and you are wanting to return next year.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

nice write up..
      as for whinie racers, that's at every event.. at least the limited amount that I've been at compaired to others that have been to hundreds more.. it a way to vent.. they return because it wasn't that bad, they just needed to vent when things don't go their way.. it's their inner women showing through..
      Last edited by NewEnglandRaceFan; September 30, 2013, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Totally agree with #3. Excellent write up...
        http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Nice writeup...
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

nice write up..and I agree 100%.

inner woman.....now thats funny!
            Reading , Pa
            Good Guys rodders rep.
            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

great way to wrap it up. We will be there next year as long as it is in the lower 48 , and Pep boys car is gone, but driver is fine. I went and saw it in the trailer Friday, engine blew took out trans pan and all the oil threw him into wall. (at least that is what he figured happened, and he was the closest to it) He said he would be back next year but probably not with that car.

PS
              get that bottle back on. I'm looking for one.
              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Very good read !! And your spot on in all cases

Comment

Agree with everything the OP said!!!!! I only whined about my heap not running up to par, never about the event!!!

David
                  DW/DD 07', 08', 09' and 13'

Comment

Very nice write up and I totally agree!!!

And... there is no wondering if you will be back next year... I know you will be there...

Comment

You hit the nail on the head man! this was our third straight year and it keeps getting better. I feel sorry for the people that feel like it is their event. We are all so lucky that this event even exists.

Comment

Working...
                      X