Found donor body for red wreck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found donor body for red wreck

We did some looking at car once I arrived home .. After pricing out parts to repair the car and searching for a donor car .. I found a stock 69 mustang couple with a pretty good body .. It made more sence to move drive train , interior ,hood ect to the other car ..
    It will be painted the same as the red wreck.
    Any one that is on face book can check the rebuild out on https://www.facebook.com/groups/621510551222132/
    It's a group that we started to tell the guido brothers story of drag week 2013 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	880696

That car looks good. It'll be the easiest way to fix your car. You'll be ready for drag week sooner than everybody elses junk.
    Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Just a suggestion but If I were you I would put a rear sway bar on the new ride.
      Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
      Drag Week 2011 DD
      Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
      Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Originally posted by 79camaro View Post
        Just a suggestion but If I were you I would put a rear sway bar on the new ride.
        Weren't you in the next lane when his trouble started? er, maybe I should say trouble escalated, seeing how his trip TO Drag Week went
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

I do have a rear sway bar .. Am doing some other changes though .. Will run skinny s on the front instead of my street tires .. Different rears with more air .. Drive down the center of the track. Might help keep the car off the wall as well. As week as a stronger shifter handle that doesn't break. ..

Comment

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post
            Weren't you in the next lane when his trouble started? er, maybe I should say trouble escalated, seeing how his trip TO Drag Week went
            Yes, I was next to Bobby. Hey Bobby I hope next years DW goes much smother for you. I read on Hot Rod the car had to trailered the last 50 or so miles what happened to the car?
            Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
            Drag Week 2011 DD
            Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
            Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Hitting the walls didn't far so well on wheel and axle bearings .. Passenger axle bearing gave out in Fargo. Caught in time and was able to replace it .. But 45 min from home drivers front wheel bearing gave out and wheel came off .. So car spent last bit of trip on a trailer .. No working at all on bearing.. Drag week was definitely an adventure .. Can't wait until next year ..hope to be there

Comment

how solid is the red wreck? other than you tweaking it..

Comment

Originally posted by bobs302z View Post
                  I do have a rear sway bar .. Am doing some other changes though .. Will run skinny s on the front instead of my street tires .. Different rears with more air .. Drive down the center of the track. Might help keep the car off the wall as well. As week as a stronger shifter handle that doesn't break. ..
                  I gotta say, I love your enthusiasm! Do yourself a favor this time, and DON'T drive down the center of the track, but DO stay in the center of the lane, or you might look to see if you can get another donor as a backup for 2014! Oh yeah, this just goes to show those that think wrecking in a slower car is not possible, it happens!

I wish you luck on the rebuild, that donor looks damn clean, hope you got a decent deal on it. Happy to hear you're already planning on a return in 2014, you for sure are Drag Week material, and even though you're in DD, you're welcomed back by me!!

I'll follow the build on FB..
                  Last edited by TheEngineWorks.com; September 30, 2013, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I watched the video and driving in the marbles wasnt a good thing. I cant imagine being in your seat OR in the 40 ford's seat.
                    Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

(I gotta say, I love your enthusiasm! Do yourself a favor this time, and DON'T drive down the center of the track, but DO stay in the center of the lane, or you might look to see if you can get another donor as a backup for 2014! Oh yeah, this just goes to show those that think wrecking in a slower car is not possible, it happens!

I wish you luck on the rebuild, that donor looks damn clean, hope you got a decent deal on it. Happy to hear you're already planning on a return in 2014, you for sure are Drag Week material, and even though you're in DD, you're welcomed back by me!! )

Tires breaking loose at 110 mph. Isn't that much fun even in a slow car .. Can't imagine in a fast car lol.
                      I ended up 4 in modified class still though .. The fact that I finished helped .. The total control products suspension was a big factor in me finishing .. If I had stock suspension it would have been in a whole lot different situation ..
                      The car was probably repairable but the cost of all the parts and time to get things straight .. Would have been a lot more than the $3500. For the donor
                      Last edited by bobs302z; September 30, 2013, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I wish you weren't so far away - I've been collecting 69 mustang parts for almost a decade trying to make sure I have everything to put my mach1 back together again (bought it as a retired drag car, pretty much gutted) I may have some bits to help you along the way that could be shipped. Best of luck with the "re-body".
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                        X