Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My DW 2013 Report - LONG (you've been warned!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great read, Thanks for posting!!

Comment

Bob, it looks like we were neighbors in the pits, 3 cars down. Thats my black dodge truck that we towed Jays Mach I with in the background of this pic. I can't remember if I talked to you or not.

Comment

close up's on those hood latch/pins and whom makes them if they are not a one off part..

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
          Bob, it looks like we were neighbors in the pits, 3 cars down. Thats my black dodge truck that we towed Jays Mach I with in the background of this pic. I can't remember if I talked to you
          Joel what happened to the mustang? Yours and Billy's drag week stories on moparts are a big part of why I wanted to participate in drag week.
          1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
          1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
            close up's on those hood latch/pins and whom makes them if they are not a one off part..
            They're Aerocatch latches: http://www.aerocatch.com/
            DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
            DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
            DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
            DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Great story! Cant believe you bought a ford haha
              Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
              Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
              Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
              Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Wow - my wife would have killed me for buying a new truck to make it to DW - I'm sure you'll love that 6.7, even with the DEF at every oil change.

Great read! Turns out I'm still trying to fix issues on my car we planned to take this year - some things just weren't meant to be.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                  Joel what happened to the mustang? Yours and Billy's drag week stories on moparts are a big part of why I wanted to participate in drag week.
                  Jay made one pass on Monday but the car didn't go into third gear. The engine ran fine. Jay thought maybe the shift was driver error so he got right back into the lanes to try again. In the staging lanes Jay downloaded the data from the run into his computer. It said that the air fuel ratio was almost 16:1 Upon restarting the car it was not running right, very very rough. We brought it back into the pits and spent the next four hours trying to figure out what was wrong with it. The plugs looked okay, not like a bad lean out had happened. But now the car would only run on four cylinders. We ended up determining that there was something wrong with the EFI but we could not pinpoint the exact cause. We swapped in a different EFI box, but had compatibility issues that we could not solve, so we had to throw in the towel, figuring that the problem was in the EFI box. We trailered up to Indy Planning to go to the party and then spectate tuesday morning. In the truck on the way to Indy, Jays brain was working overtime trying to figure out what went wrong and he came up with a couple of theories. So when we got to the hotel we dug into the car, rather than go to the party. We determined that half of the fuel injectors were not getting power. Back at home, Jay figured out that a wire came off of a relay up under the dash. We were pretty disgusted that such a simple problem put us out but for some reason we couldn't figure it out at the track.
                  Last edited by Hemi Joel; October 4, 2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
                    Great story! Cant believe you bought a ford haha
                    Not only that.. but I even LIKE it!

Comment

Have you tinted the windows in the Ford yet? I bought my truck out of Florida - windows were tinted when I got it.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Back in '06 when mine was still carbed with a three circuit dominator, we simply pulled the air bleeds off the intermediate circuit for the drives. No issues and the open hole leaned out that circuit enough to save about 2-3 MPG worth of otherwise wasted fuel.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Nice to know (now) A custom calibrated Dominator is in the Camaro's future though..

Comment

I was pitted beside Jay on the first day, Nice Guy.

Looked at the camaro, after following along on the build thread. too bad about the trans.
                            Reading , Pa
                            Good Guys rodders rep.
                            "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                            Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                            X