X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    Got there with plenty of time and watched the whole movie
    oh, shut up!
    Last edited by AdvAutoBob; September 23, 2013, 05:32 PM.
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

there's one in every crowd
      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm currently working on my "novel", at exactly why we missed the car show.. I hope to get it posted before DW2014 at this point! LOL
        DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

we got there at midnight...guess we missed it! LOL
          Reading , Pa
          Good Guys rodders rep.
          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Some one had to say it
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We missed the car show by about 10 hours, rolled into town at 5am, thankfully people stopped to help us out about 100 miles out of Bowling Green. In the thrash before dragweek I used two, used pieces of -6an line to extend my trans cooler lines on my new 4L80 and one of the lines dumped all the Dextron 6 on the road. Good thing the EPA didn't catch us, looked like we had slaughted more then one transmission. Had to pull the seats and transmission cover out of the inside of the car to get at the leaking line and then rerouted the line because the only peice of -6an I had was to short to make the connection. Thankfully I only had one other problem on the drives and that was a temperary repair from Dragweek 2012 failed, a wire on the cooling fan pulled out of the connecter, so a easy fix.

Comment

I would have liked to have gone, but I got to Indy around 9:15 and was tired and ready for a bath and bed. Thanks to Hot Rod for the idea, I just wish it was any other night than the first one. The rest of the week I got to the hotel in daylight and had plenty of time... Now I will have to wait for the movie to come out on video.
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

We made it to the cruise night at 7 or 8 I think. Made it in time for the movie, had a good time.
                  '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                  2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Got to the mall right before movie started,,nice set up,we was given a gift card for anywhere at the mall,$5,,so to the bar I went ,nice beer selection,the movie was kind of like an after school special,,figured I would just do the bean field camping,There was a car at the gate ,so I pulled behind him ,,and got in ,,I had the run of the place,,had my car on the starting line shirt off ,laying on the hood enjoying another cold one,so I walked around looking for a shower,,no luck,so I worshed myself of in the sink fountain..anyway walked up on top of the tower,,rubber roof ,,breeze was blowing ,,,so thats where I crashed,,,It was sweet,,other than the big Hoot Owl the kept waking me up,...Memphis track was very accommodating also,,showed up there in the middle of the night,,the gate to the track was knee high,,so another whore bath was in order,,and slept in the air conditioned ticket booth on the side street.. Loved doing drag week alone,,no one to please but me ..Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	872477

Comment

,had my car on the starting line shirt off ,laying on the hood
                      Oh why did they not have security cameras rollling
                      Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                      Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                      Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                      Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Maybe they did and put it on AFV.
                        Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

I was walking around the place NAKED ok ,,are you happy ,you got it out of me,,trying to become one with the track.lol
                          .I made out with the TREE,,yeaya

Comment

Although we could not make the entire DW this year, John, my son Matt, and myself had a great time at the Indy DW stop. We went to the "cruise in car show", had a great time talking with Randall, Jeff Mc, and Doc. Great time for at least 24 hours!
                            Attached Files
                            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                            DW- 12,16,17
                            "Stay thirsty my friends"
                            The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                            X