Took The Rampage Out For A Putt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took The Rampage Out For A Putt

I took the wife out for a putt in the Rampage today..
    the last time she rode in it was 23 years ago...
    when she last drove it(it really is her car) but
    she likes it EXCEPT when getting in and out.. it does
    set real low and she has bad hips.... she wanted to
    make sure on how to drive it so I gave her the 5 minute
    demo on the shifter and all the other stuff she isnt
    use to... I gave it one short blast and that caught
    her attention .. LOL... was a fun putt with her..
    I think in the future I will swap it over to a hyd
    roller to quiet it down on the valve train noise but
    other than that it runs real nice

I'm still learning

Comment

Great!
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
        Great!
        Took it out again today... ran over to the paint supply place and on the way
        back it didnt want to shift out of low gear... I checked most things but I
        need to get it up on my hoist... might be something minor but I'll take a
        look at some external stuff and if thats good I'll drop the pan and take a look
        see... I thought it was coming around... but I guess it still HATES ME

Comment

GOv stuck, run it to max rpm and shift it.
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tsanchez View Post
            GOv stuck, run it to max rpm and shift it.
            I pretty much did that a few times... I finally got it to shift into high OD and got
            it back home... I'm gonna take it for a ride tomorrow and see what it does..if
            it was a stuck gov I hope it doesnt do it again

Comment

Congrats on getting the Rampage out for some drive time. Bummer about the teething problems but I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Did you ever figure out the problem with the engine pulling oil in somewhere. Intake or heads or........?

Cheers, Steve
              The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Comment

Originally posted by TRASH View Post
                Congrats on getting the Rampage out for some drive time. Bummer about the teething problems but I'm sure you'll get it figured out. Did you ever figure out the problem with the engine pulling oil in somewhere. Intake or heads or........?

Cheers, Steve
                I changed the heads and intake... I put my W-2 heads and intake on.. no
                oil issue... I tore one of the old heads apart but nothing is jumping out at
                me so I'll heat them up to about 200* and pressure test them... I'm sure
                my trans issue was a stuck gov weight... I'm gonna run it tomorrow to see
                if its ok.. if so I'll change fluid and filter

Comment

I took it out for a run today and its shifting normal.. looks like the gov
                  stuck for some reason... I'll try changing the fluid and filter in a week
                  or so ... hopefully it doesnt do that again

Comment

Dale(Quick52) and myself ran over to my first "cruise in" in our
                    rides... mine ran fine there and back... was glad to see that.. now
                    I need to soften up the suspension.. way to stiff

Comment

I'm very curious to find out why the heads you had on it originally were consuming so much oil, even after you swapped to the newer style valve stem seals.

Glad to hear your getting more shake down time on this beastie. Hope to do the same with my falcon soon.... it's leaking trans fluid while parked.... grrrrrrr
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I'm very curious to find out why the heads you had on it originally were consuming so much oil, even after you swapped to the newer style valve stem seals.

Glad to hear your getting more shake down time on this beastie. Hope to do the same with my falcon soon.... it's leaking trans fluid while parked.... grrrrrrr
                        those ford c4&6 have a habit of leaking threw the shift seal
                        Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                        Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I'm very curious also... those heads were known to have porosity.. I tore
                          one down for a eye ball check but seen nothing that jumped out at me..
                          so I'm gonna heat them up to 200* and pressure test them(I'll make
                          plates to seal them off with a quick connect fitting on each port)... bummer
                          on your leak... check everything before you slap it in

Comment

Just don't park.........(or park over a storm drain)
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post

Just don't park.........(or park over a storm drain)
                              LOL... yep if you park over a drain you never have a leak.. the
                              oil is just low on the stick.. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X