Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who drove there Drag Week car this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who drove there Drag Week car this week?

I drove mine to work yesterday, fuel pump relay failed at lunch had to use a jumper wire to get home. Last cruze night of the season tonight
    Drag week 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17,18
    Power Tour 97,98,99,00,02,04,05
    Street Machine Nats 79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93

Got it trailered home (700 miles) by a couple of friends who knew I would be tired after Drag Week. Have driven it every day since then. But then again, my junk ain't fast, just different........VERY DIFFERENT.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Once to work but they're forecasting storms so it's in the garage!!
      Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
      Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
      Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
      Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

If I didn't need to get a screwdriver out of the garage I wouldn't have even seen mine since drag week. This is the longest its been shut off since mid July.
        Last edited by BlueCuda340; September 19, 2013, 09:40 AM.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

drove it into town yesterday, still runs, the blower still made noise. So I finally swapped out that bearing last night, didn't have any gear oil so I got some this morning...still need to fill it up and see how it sounds.

And I fixed the stereo on my 57 suburban (tow vehicle) again, and gave it a much needed bath.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Drove it to work last night and then took the long way home. Taking it again today and plan on racing Saturday.
            "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Its been raining every morning this week when I left for work so no. I was maybe going to race it tomorrow night but its my son's birthday this weekend so I'm out.
              '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
              2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Been in Pittsburg for work since Monday. Drove it last Sunday and plan to take it to the track this weekend.

Comment

I've driven mine every day, even with the T-tops leaking on me
                  1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Even though it's my regular daily driver, I haven't driven it yet since DW '13 because the computer says "Oil Change Required" (apparently it now thinks the "severe service" oil change interval applies . . . How could that be? )

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
                      I've driven mine every day, even with the T-tops leaking on me
                      Duct tape.....It's water proof.
                      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

My truck didnt make it to DW.. but since I've been home I've ran it every day
                        seeing if changing the heads fixed the oil problem.... so far so good... I think
                        I always see oil smoke behind the truck... but I think I'm just paranoid from
                        before... plus the pipes and muffs were full of oil.... I'm just gonna beat on it
                        for a while to make sure its clean

Comment

I drove my old wreck to work Tuesday in the rain. Now I have the head off trying to figure why the cooling system is being pressurized by combustion. Sent the head off to the machine shop for magnaflux and pressure test. We had to release radiator pressure and add water 9 times between St. Louis and Memphis.

Comment

when i got home i unloaded mine off the trailer and drove straight to a wedding reception i assumed i was gonna miss. But showed up and surprised a buddy of mine and his new wife by showing up albiet late but better late than never!

Comment

Left Bowling Green at 2:00 pm friday and pulled into the drive at 2:00 am sat. In bed at 3:00. up at 6:30 A.M. unloded car and trailer to go to Coffee and Cars at Karl's Performance. Found out the clutch was worse than I was thinking. Would not pull the trailer up my hill. Left trailer at Home!

Comment

Working...
                              X