X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy
    You have mail also.

Comment

So Sad. I talked with Steve in his big red truck last year at several tracks. My condolences to the family.

I support renaming the Spirit of dragweek award after Steve completely.

Elena - it would be great of you to include a piece on Steve in the DW article.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Challengeher View Post
        Hi Joyce -

This is Elana from HOT ROD. We're very sorry for your family's loss and for our loss as a racing community. I spoke with Steve in the tech line. He was pleased because I knew his car was a Valiant and not a Dart. I'm working on the print story for the magazine, and I'd like to include some information about Steve and his life and racing. Would you be willing to talk this week?
        Thanks for coming on here Elana, Rick too The renamed, Steve Bowyer Spirit of Drag Week Award idea came up on the first thread before the hackers killed it. I think you can tell that there is universal support for the idea. Let us know if you can.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

I am all in for the Name change, just gives even more Soul to the Award and Honor to those that earn it.
          2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
          First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
          2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
          2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Barry View Post
            This definitely puts the week in perspective , may he rest in piece. I think an award named after him is a great idea. And if that doesn't fit into Hot Rods grand scheme I will gladly donate to make it happen with the Drag Week family
            X2
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
              I do not know what happened to the thread I started yesterday so I will repeat it.
              For those of you who don't know Steve Bowyer the man in the power chair pasted away last Friday. His dream of building and racing his old valiant with a big block in it came true on Monday with 2 passes in Bowling Green. He did not make Indy. RIP buddy.

In talking with Joyce, Steve's sister, she asked me to let all Steve's Drag Week friends know that there will be a service for him on October 29 at 3 pm. She also asked me to express the family's gratitude for all the thoughts and prayers expressed on this site. I would like to suggest everyone take a moment and reflect on Steve and his accomplishments. May his spirit and grit live on.

Elana Joyce will be in touch soon.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dart View Post
                In talking with Joyce, Steve's sister, she asked me to let all Steve's Drag Week friends know that there will be a service for him on October 29 at 3 pm. She also asked me to express the family's gratitude for all the thoughts and prayers expressed on this site. I would like to suggest everyone take a moment and reflect on Steve and his accomplishments. May his spirit and grit live on.

Elana Joyce will be in touch soon.

Wayne
                Where? In the Phoenix area?
                All 12 Drag Weeks, same junk

Comment

Originally posted by turbolaw View Post
                  Where? In the Phoenix area?
                  I am still awaiting information on where exactly the service will be. I suspect it will be in the Tucson area as that is where Steve lived. As soon as I hear anything from his sister I will post it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gold Dart View Post
                    I am still awaiting information on where exactly the service will be. I suspect it will be in the Tucson area as that is where Steve lived. As soon as I hear anything from his sister I will post it.
                    Interment services will be on the 29 of October, at 3:00 pm, at South Lawn Cemetery, 5401 South Park Ave, Tucson, AZ. Steve served in the Marines and was a Vietnam veteran.

Comment

I am very sorry to hear about Steve.. Really the great racers that show up to drag week is what makes drag week so special .. I didn't have the privedge of meeting him .. He sounds like a special guy .. I was privedged enough to get the award this year and would be willing to do any changes to the award that hotrod would like to do to the award ..
                      We met a lot of great people last year and am looking to going back next year to hang out with everyone again .. We were parked right beside Mike Crow on the last day .. I watched him race and though man he can drive .. Being a newby from Canada i didnt realize how he was .. Then I get the award home and see his name on the it .. And think how lucky I was ..
                      Steve sounds like a great guy that will be be missed by his family and the drag racing community ..he does deserve the spirit of drag week award

Comment

Originally posted by Red Light Ross View Post
                        Billy
                        You have mail also.
                        Thanks to all for the best wishes. Steve's in a good place now drag racing all he wants. Thanks also to Vince, Tom, Norm, Denny, David and Tom for the beautiful flowers. We are looking forward to seeing all of you next Drag Week . LInda, Ken, Johnny and Joyce

Comment

bringing this back to the front. Been in my thoughts recently.
                          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I have thought about Steve recently as well, last year was mine and my brothers first drag week, we were fortunate enough to be in the tech line right next to Steve, I talked to him for it seemed like hours, he was what drag racing is all about and I hope that the powers that be do rename the spirit of drag week award after him.

Comment

Working...
                            X