Possible detour for those coming across southern missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible detour for those coming across southern missouri

Just to give everyone a heads up, The Ohio River Bridge at Cairo Il is under construction and is heavily restricted.

Work on the U.S. 51 Ohio River Bridge between Wickliffe, Ky., and Cairo, Ill., has been extended to September 22.

Key Elements of the Work Zone include:

7-foot maximum load width

19-foot maximum vehicle length

No dual-wheeled vehicles

No trailers

Barrier walls for worker safety

24-hour police presence with strict work zone enforcement
    So if you are pulling a trailer or over 17' seek an alternate route. This is adding about an hour and a half to a normally 4 hour ride for us.
    WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

I had heard rumors about this some time ago. It sure is a narrow bridge. We used to go that way to Florida drag racing.

Comment

VERY narrow. And if they have barriers on the bridge I'm sure there isn't much left to drive on. I think we are going to drop down and take southern route through Dyersburg Tn. Not a fan of Illinois roads. LOL
      WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by JSisk View Post
        VERY narrow. And if they have barriers on the bridge I'm sure there isn't much left to drive on. I think we are going to drop down and take southern route through Dyersburg Tn. Not a fan of Illinois roads. LOL
        Hell... ANY roads are better than Michigan roads

Comment

thanks for the heads up. that's where I have been planning to cross. i'm not too worried about rock chips and bumps with my beater. think i'll go for it and see what happens. i'm sure this will affect a lot of racers.
          1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

If you are in your car only not trailer or anything you'll be fine I'm sure.
            WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

I think we are going to cross the Mississippi at the next bridge south of there.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                Hell... ANY roads are better than Michigan roads
                Take a drive across Mississippi and see if you still believe that. The only reason they pave roads around here is because it is less work that restriping the gravel all the time...
                Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I guess they won't let you pass with a small 4'x4' trailer, that sucks!
                  '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                  2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Nope but we found a way around for us that only adds like 20 minutes. North of Cairo to Mounds and then follow the river around to Paducah and cross there.
                    WWW.JSISKPHOTOS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by JSisk View Post
                      Nope but we found a way around for us that only adds like 20 minutes. North of Cairo to Mounds and then follow the river around to Paducah and cross there.
                      This is the way we are taking now. In 5'oclock traffic with some road construction in Paducah now

Comment

Cross the bridge at Cape Girardeau........that's the route we take.
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
                        X