No announcement yet.

Finishing Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! And yes I will be missing a full week, but oh well! And I'm shooting for Super street small block naturally aspirated.
    Last edited by AlexTaylor1497; August 2, 2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hahaha! It does sound crazy, and is. But I'm glad that makes me qualified! And I plan on it!

Comment

Thanks! And here's all the build details! http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...evrolet-Camaro

Comment

Past your bedtime young lady. LOL.You will learn more in that week than a week at school.If you and your mom get to talking to the Aussies in the hotel parking lot here is your warning. LOL.My son went in 2011 and learned the hard way. LOL."Dad They will talk your ear off".Dad-1 kid-0

Comment

Haha ya you're right. It is! But that's the way were looking at it about missing school. We have to get it cleared with the principal pretty soon, and if for some reason they don't clear it, I'll be "sick" that week! Haha but thanks for the heads up! Haha

Comment

Starting young gaining experiences that will last forever. Good deal. The car looks awesome. Why sper street? Does it fit the street race class rules?
              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Thanks! but It does fit All except for the fiberglass trunk lid, which we put on so that we could be put into super street. But my car time won't run with the street race class so, that's why we picked what we did. But if everything doesn't go as planned ill just do daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTaylor1497 View Post
                  Haha ya you're right. It is! But that's the way were looking at it about missing school. We have to get it cleared with the principal pretty soon, and if for some reason they don't clear it, I'll be "sick" that week! Haha but thanks for the heads up! Haha
                  You won't have to lie to them if you call in sick, we all have the same Disease here. The Drag Week infection is a very strong and very expensive disease.
                  1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                  1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

my dad use to take me out of school for a week for deer and turkey hunting season. I would do school work while on the road,and in the down time, there will be no down time on DW though.
                    Last edited by bulletproof; August 3, 2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Nice looking ride... I think you might be the youngest driver out there...
                      plus a girl to boot.... I'm sure your school will allow it.. specially if you
                      tell them you will be doing home work in the evening(ya right)... hope
                      to see you there... I'm surprised that your dad isnt riding shotgun... but
                      I guess it will be a mother/daughter bonding time(does your mom bend
                      wrenches also)

Comment

Very nice build . How close to done is it ?

Comment

Thanks! but It does fit All except for the fiberglass trunk lid, which we put on so that we could be put into super street. But my car time won't run with the street race class so, that's why we picked what we did. But if everything doesn't go as planned ill just do daily driver.
                          Sounds like a plan... Nice build you have going on , and good luck at DW - 35 days to go!
                          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Congratulations, sounds like you're a bit of a Gearhead already and you even have supportive Parents, you'll have fun and remember DW for a Lifetime!
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Thank you. The youngest is what I was hoping for. And my school did allow it, we went and talked to the principal today and he said no problem and completely excused which was great news, and we didn't even have to lie about doing homework at night. haha but Dad figured it'd be best for me if I went with mom and after this year will be going together most likely. But mom does also bend wrenches, she helps dad daily! So if there's any problems, between the 2 of us we should be able to figure it out.

Comment

Thank you. And it's very close, we're making lots of progress every day, and we're down to the easy stuff now, we'll have it done by August 16th.

Comment

Working...
                                X