Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm - I may be screwed - bare metal body shell with no suspension - M2 kit is 4 hours away, heads done, crank at machine shop to be ground / balanced, trans at trans shop to get figured out - again. Pile of steel tubing waiting to be turned into relocated leaf springs / subframe connectors / torque box / rocker reinforcements / trans mount / driveshaft loop. Need to do mini tub, finish front floors, rewire it.... yea - I need to quit sleeping and clone myself.
    Last edited by milner351; April 27, 2012, 06:33 AM.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

You might be the long shot John, but I'm putting my money on ya anyways. That which we manifest awaits us!

Besides, I like the odds, they should pay well...... who's the bookie on this stuff anyways? Bruab?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Going to Famoso today for Sat TNT and Sunday NHRA Summit series race. First time out since Amarillo DW stop. D/A this morning reported at -137 ft. I hope it stays that way through tomorrow. This is also first time out with re-flashed converter, new radiator and alternator, leaf spring sliders, relocated rear shocks. So I hope my initial adjustments are at least somewhat close.
        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Actually, my junk is currently together, but I have parts I definitely plan on swapping before Drag Week:

-> different 8.8 with 3.55's (3.90's in it now)
          -> 87+ lca's/spindles/front brakes/springs

The 8.8 will be ready after I chop the tube ends for c-clip eliminators and weld the tubes to the center. I need to get rotors & hoses before I can swap the front stuff over.
          Last edited by BBR; April 27, 2012, 07:57 AM.
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I never want to hear how you cant get it done. Here is mine 3 weeks before the first Drag Week I went on. The Goal was to get there, I did not make it much farther, it over heated I was to exhausted to fix it or even think of what was wrong, 3 hrs on the road following everyone with my car on the trailer I figured it out, the water pump pulleys where to slow. When I got home changed them and we went 10.40s

2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
              ...is anybody else in this state or am I the only one?
              Mine looked similar two weeks ago. Got it all back together and made it to the track for some 1/8 mile chassis tuning of the new Dana 60 & rear suspension. On it's fourth pass, it ran a 1.35 60 foot (best ever). It needs a little more 4-link & shock tweaking but it's raceable.
              D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13 - '14 - '15 - '16 - '17

Comment

Glad to hear yours is up and running so well after the upgrades out back Steve. I foresee great things/ times in your future!
                Last edited by Dignlif; April 27, 2012, 10:02 AM.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

@ Jeff - 136 ...

It's getting done.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Engine is going together but it still has a way to go. Once it is in, I have the second fuel system and N2O systems to set up. I am shooting for having it running by the end of May to start getting some miles and passes on it.
                    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Well, headers are done. Driveshaft should be here next weekend. Interior is out, still have to get a convertor, have to completely wire it, finish the brake and fuel systems, figure out where the alt. and vacuum pump is going to go, and then take the motor back to engine builder for some dyno time. Oh yeah...still have to finish plumbing the fogger...what have I gotten myself into?....lol.

Should be running and driving by the end of May. Lots of work ahead......I will be there for Drag Week!!!!!

Comment

I'm about 2 hrs away from starting it up for the first time. Just need to find the time.
                        used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Just drove to work agian and left more black strips on the roads.
                          I have been to the track twice this year.
                          Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                          Drag Week 2011 DD
                          Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                          Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

picking up the block and heads tomorrow.. then all the parts ordering can begin..
                            Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

I'm not going this year but I havent touched mine in a little over a month... still looks
                              like this... I had to finish up a tube chassis for a customer before I can get back to mine
                              and that'll be done this week
                              Attached Files

Comment

The splash zone just got here so I can do some port and intake work.
                                2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                                First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                                2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                                2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Working...
                                X