Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What state of disrepair is your DW entry in at this point?

...is anybody else in this state or am I the only one?
    Mine looked similar two weeks ago. Got it all back together and made it to the track for some 1/8 mile chassis tuning of the new Dana 60 & rear suspension. On it's fourth pass, it ran a 1.35 60 foot (best ever). It needs a little more 4-link & shock tweaking but it's raceable.
    T O P E K A - D A Y 1 - 2 0 1 1
    sigpic D R A G - W E E K - '05 - '06 - '07 - '08 - '09 - '10 - '11 - '12 - '13

Comment

Glad to hear yours is up and running so well after the upgrades out back Steve. I foresee great things/ times in your future!
      Last edited by Dignlif; April 27th, 2012, 10:02 AM.
      Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A

Comment

@ Jeff - 136 ...

It's getting done.

Comment

Engine is going together but it still has a way to go. Once it is in, I have the second fuel system and N2O systems to set up. I am shooting for having it running by the end of May to start getting some miles and passes on it.
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Well, headers are done. Driveshaft should be here next weekend. Interior is out, still have to get a convertor, have to completely wire it, finish the brake and fuel systems, figure out where the alt. and vacuum pump is going to go, and then take the motor back to engine builder for some dyno time. Oh yeah...still have to finish plumbing the fogger...what have I gotten myself into?....lol.

Should be running and driving by the end of May. Lots of work ahead......I will be there for Drag Week!!!!!

Comment

I'm about 2 hrs away from starting it up for the first time. Just need to find the time.
              used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Just drove to work agian and left more black strips on the roads.
                I have been to the track twice this year.
                sigpic
                Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                Drag Week 2011 DD
                Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

picking up the block and heads tomorrow.. then all the parts ordering can begin..
                  Drag Week 2011: Finished with best pass of 12.21 at 107mph

Comment

I'm not going this year but I havent touched mine in a little over a month... still looks
                    like this... I had to finish up a tube chassis for a customer before I can get back to mine
                    and that'll be done this week
                    Attached Files

Comment

The splash zone just got here so I can do some port and intake work.
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Went to Famoso this weekend for TnT and Summit Series bracket race. Tighter converter, leaf spring sliders, relocated shocks, new cooling and charging system and I have a bracket car suddenly. Dead hooks every pass, 9.91 & 9.89 yesterday, 9.83 & 9.85 this morning, 9.891 on a 9.89 dial round 1 in afternoon with red bulb, got a little excited -.013.

I can finally focus on chassis and engine tune again, completely amazing. Now to get the 60 ft.s back in the 1.40's and hopefully 1.30's and the ET's a bit lower. And more MPH. And a pony.
                        Last edited by CDMBill; April 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM.
                        Drag Week 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - Big hat no horses Drag Week 2013 - Watching the live feed Drag Week 2014 - Maybe I'll go faster with a 1000 fewer pounds?

Comment

Right on Bill!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Glad to hear it Bill
                            2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                            First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                            2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                            2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

That's awesome Bill
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A

Comment

Congrats man...that's awesome....makes for a fun weekend huh?

Comment

Went to Famoso this weekend for TnT and Summit Series bracket race. Tighter converter, leaf spring sliders, relocated shocks, new cooling and charging system and I have a bracket car suddenly. Dead hooks every pass, 9.91 & 9.89 yesterday, 9.83 & 9.85 this morning, 9.891 on a 9.89 dial round 1 in afternoon with red bulb, got a little excited -.013.

I can finally focus on chassis and engine tune again, completely amazing. Now to get the 60 ft.s back in the 1.40's and hopefully 1.30's and the ET's a bit lower. And more MPH. And a pony.
                                  Spray it and get out of my class!!!

1973 F-250 460/C6 -Camper Special 1983 Mustang GT 545/C6 - 10.46 @ 130 - Drag Week 2012 - Street Race BB N/A runner-up

Comment

James, I didn't say whether I was spraying already and given my 50/50 track record of finishing vs. DNF you have nothing to worry about in any event.
                                    Drag Week 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - Big hat no horses Drag Week 2013 - Watching the live feed Drag Week 2014 - Maybe I'll go faster with a 1000 fewer pounds?

Comment

I'm play'in the odds
                                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

That's fantastic Bill.

Comment

Haven't lit up a slick since 1994 and already been bit by the speed bug........need to get it together before I max out the plastic on "go a little faster" parts. E-Bay is an addiction. Good thing I will have more shop time come May 25th.

Comment

Working...
                                          X