No announcement yet.

Why Do Some Take New Production Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This post wasnt meant to put any restrictions on for DW cars but I was curious as to why...
    and yes a new production car CAN break buy its WAY LESS likely

Comment

Plan and simple, its an attainable adventure. There are very few of them left.

I don't even drag race, but I've got it on my bucket list.
      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post

DW has become one of the most participant driven publisher sponsored events I've seen especially given the small size. I'm glad they've stuck with exploring the idea of what constitutes a "fast" street car.

The registration limit reflects the logistical challenges. I'd be surprised if they added any kind of car type restriction as the balance is self adjusting as people see greater or lesser opportuntites in the different classes.
        Wow! One of these days I want to learn to say that much in just 4 sentences....

Comment

MB, I thought the same about Bob's response just above yours. Attainable Adventure. Two words!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
            Wow! One of these days I want to learn to say that much in just 4 sentences....
            hell, I had to read it twice just to figure out what the heck he said.. but I'm kinda dumb.. ;)

smart well spoken folks like that make us rednecks look even more dumb sometimes!
            Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
            Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
            Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
            Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Attaianable adventure, damn right.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

now that we all agree its ok to bring a new car,,how about ford send a new cobra,GM a ZL1 camaro and dodge a challenger..they would have to obey all the rules , it would be fun to see them fight it out .

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                  now that we all agree its ok to bring a new car,,how about ford send a new cobra,GM a ZL1 camaro and dodge a challenger..they would have to obey all the rules , it would be fun to see them fight it out .
                  Better yet .... they can send me any of the above, and I'll drive it for the entire week for them .....
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I call dibs on the ZL-1

HOTROD Dragweek Pro Street N/A winner 2007,2011, 2012/ 2nd, 2009
                    HOTROD Dragweek quickest and fastest naturally aspirated car in any class 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
                    FIRST IN THE EIGHTS Legal Pro Street N/A HOTROD Drag Week 2012

Comment

Well, then I guess I call the Cobra Jet, 4 Liter super charged 5.4 thank you.

There is that little issue of them all being no VIN body-in-white vehicles, but I hear there's a guy who can get a set of uhh, documents for the HRM tech process.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

This is my backup ride.

I thought about the backup ride deal and if it was ok or not to run it if my car died before the event even started. My wife's Acura would be faster and more fun but it's bone stock and IMO that's not in the spirit unless you had a failure right before the event. My jeep has a stroked I6 and the entire drivetrain has been upgraded. I feel it's a more appropriate ride than the Acura since it is modified from the balancer to the rear diff cover. It hits the scales at about 4200lbs with driver and maybe has 240hp at the crank. Maybe it will be the slowest in Dd? Lol
                        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

So.. if I have to drive my "back up", we could do some "wheelin" along the way!!
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

theres some good wheeling in hot springs arkansas ..

Comment

There are some great wheeling opportunities if Dave puts us through downtown Dallas on the way to Ennis!
                              Last edited by Beagle; April 13, 2012, 05:09 AM.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                There are some great suppressing fire opportunities if Dave puts us through downtown Dallas on the way to Ennis!
                                I feex.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X