Engine oil Retention Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine oil Retention Devices

Not to be a downer, but I recall that this came up last year but none of the tracks seemed to be worried about enforcing it so the topic disappeared. I could not find the thread so here goes.

I came across the following rule on the PSCA site which more or less copies the NHRA rule. For 2012 this rule is applied unevenly and Super Gas cars have to have them, but ET cars only have to starting at <7.50.

Does anyone know whether nay of this years' Drag Week tracks have this kind of rule in place? The other kinda similar rule would be bans on anti-freeze/coolants, same question?

Engine Oil-Retention Device:
    All Mustang Maddness Cars quicker than 9.99 will be required to utilize an NHRA-accepted lower engine oil-retention device. SFI Spec 7.1 or 7.2 Lower Engine Containment Device also permitted. The lower engine containment device must cover the sides of the block and pan up to one inch of the head mating surface and extend within 1 1/2 inches of the front and rear of the cylinder case area. A belly pan may be used in the lieu of a device attached to the engine. The belly pan must extend from framerail to framerail and extend forward of the harmonic balancer and to the rear of the engine block and must incorporate a minimum 2-inch-high lip on all sides. A nonflammable, oil-absorbent liner mandatory inside of retention device. Any device that fails to perform as required must be replaced or repaired to the satisfaction of the technical staff prior to any further runs.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Would someone please stop at Bill's house and take his keyboard away from him!!! Thanks.
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

Shhhhh!
      "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

Could be wrong but I thought that rule was to only be enforced at Divisional and National events,not local bracket races etc.

Comment

That's what I was thinking too ..... ^^^^^
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

7.50 and quicker will have to have them also IIRC no matter what.

Comment

[QUOTE=ksj2;624422]7.50 and quicker will have to have them also IIRC no matter what whether it be a Nat,Div or bracket event.

Comment

Bill,
                It's practically 9.99 down out here in the west. Even SST 10.90 at Nationals and Divisionals. But the further you get from NHRA Headquarters the less inclined most tracks are to enforce all the ticky-tack stuff that cost racers big bucks, and keep them at home instead of at the races...it's called survival!

I know it's apalling to see when you've spent years in D-7 getting beat over the head with the rulebook, but those tracks back there have to compete with outlaw and IHRA tracks for clientele. I used to love my vacations back to OK and MO to race with my brothers because I could load up my bottles, and run 8's with no cert, no license, no gloves, no neck collar, and a single layer jacket and not even get looked at funny.

Comment

I have a diaper for my car and plan on running it, does it add much to engine temp?

Comment

Working...
                  X