Help out a DW newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackGTO View Post
    Good one Bill!! PP and J and Buds. Now that I put as much fiberglass in the car to run ss-bb/na as I could to stay away from you now you jump to a differant ship. Now I can go back to all steel. Hope you happy! lol.
    Vince, you have nothing to fear from me in any case, and the N2O depends a lot on the trans deal so well see. I won't be scaring anybody with a 10 second BB/PA car which magically becomes an 11 second car the first actual day of competition.
    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Ha ha...............laugh it up guys.................I have feelings!!!

Make sure you bring the essentials.............

And a spare phone for when you run yours over........
      Team Clueless
      1st Place SB/NA DW12
      2nd Place SB/NA DW11
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
        Also bring a cooler and sandwiches for the veterns as it is tradition that new guys bring sandwiches for the veterns, and beer, and liquor.
        Uh-oh. With this crowd, the beer and liquor tab is gonna exceed the cost of gas!

Good info guys, keep it going!

Will there be a list of host hotels, or is it kind of a random deal?
        2015 Street Machine Eliminator Runner-up
        2016 Street Machine Eliminator Winner

Comment

here.. this mite help with your hotel list.
          HOT ROD is “where it all began,” as the first magazine to cover the hot rod culture. Since that time, HOT ROD has evolved into a brand devoted to everything from hot rods to restomods, barn finds to project cars and everything in between.

just have fun, expect long drives.

main goal is to finish!!

Dan
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            I have a 3 ring binder that I keep parts instructions, car wiring diagrams and a "Mustang list" of part numbers for pretty much everything I can think of. That way if I need something, I can just look up what I bought the last time and get it and get out.
            You are waaaay to organized My car is built like it roll out of a Johnny Cash song and I have no paperwork written down except the front and rear u-joints, I kept the lids of the boxes in the glove box. Heaven help anyone that gets the car after me!
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Drive your Car before Drag Week?

Have a thrill finish it in a parking lot, like me.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Spend 2 days practice packing your trunk.Maybe 73 Fish can put up an instruction video.Never knew that much stuff could fit in a E body mopar.This year Id bet has room for cup holders. LOL.

Comment

BBR is good for cup holders! And gloves! (which I used yesterday and today!)
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Shhhhh Randal, I'll have people trying to be my friend just for the freebies! haha

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                    If you have an issue, like a blown headgasket (looking at you james) be prepared for a group of people to start working on your car without asking. This is where the previously mentioned, beer, sammichs, strippers come in. Just don't let Jake tighten the carb.
                    ow ow ow ow ow my feewings are getting trampled!

And for the record, it was 2 blown head gaskets. lol FML!

If it's freaking hot, drink plenty of water so you can make rational decisions about repairing your car if you blow 1 or 2 head gaskets!!!!
                    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I think plenty of water on this years route maybe the best advice of all. This will be my first drag week as well.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Water, I never touch that stuff, do you know whats in it?
                        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          Fish fornicate in it!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                            Beer is 99% water .... just sayin'......
                            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                            X