No announcement yet.

Drag Week 2012 No Shows???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite Jimmy Buffett SongI do not own any part of this song, or Jimmy Buffett

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Team Clueless
    1st Place SB/NA DW12
    2nd Place SB/NA DW11
    sigpic

Comment

• Nice choices!
      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

• ^^^ Yep.

Comment

• Spent the day away from the 'puter screen, spinning wrenches on the car, amazing how that smoothes everything out...or maybe it was the kahlua my wife put in my coffee.

Comment

• Jeff. Your my hero buddy. Even though my ass gets beat in the heads up category I'll still be running sb/pa this year because I hate bracket racing. I just wanna run for fun. When I ran in 2010 most days I made 2 passes and packed up for the haul. The last day I got beat out of 3rd in sb/na by .003 which sucked but my co pilot and I were thrilled with the drag week experience and will be back this year.
              Last edited by slimbo5; March 25, 2012, 10:53 PM.
              "Friends don't let friends run the daily driver class,"

Comment

• Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                Spent the day away from the 'puter screen, spinning wrenches on the car, amazing how that smoothes everything out...or maybe it was the kahlua my wife put in my coffee.
                X# on the musicall choices.

In vino veritas indeed.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Lonesome George is the Man, went to see him open for the Stones, watched him then I left, Jager is way over rated.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    Lonesome George is the Man, went to see him open for the Stones, watched him then I left, Jager is way over rated.
                    Easily one of the best shows I've been to, three times.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• For those who wonder about the latin refernces from Tomstone the movie

Here is the source.

The saloon scene from Tombstone in which Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo challenge each other in schoolboy phrasebook Latin.

Comment

• And one version with translations there are many but you get the idea. My single favorite movie.

So I wached this movie about 100 times wondering what they were saying until I looked it up, finally closure. If u want to skip to the dialogues they are at ...

9MM, seriously? Thats a wheel gun.

Comment

• any DW Cars that want to Drag Race comes to the line with a ET in the window
                          sportsman tree
                          then the spectators would have some Drag Racing to watch.

the term Heads Up Racing would be correct if you were racing someone.

I do like the thought that DDrivers dont need to work on their cars.

Bob

Last edited by 1956NY150; March 31, 2012, 04:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                            any DW Cars that want to Drag Race comes to the line with a ET in the window
                            sportsman tree

Bob
                            only if they are too slow or too smart to break anything. I was looking at some numbers and may have a double virginity break out - DW and Nitrous. I don't want to be parked on the last day for being too slow, particularly after a 400+ mile drive. Seeing that I know absolutely nothing about tuning... or for nitrous, this should be entertaining if nothing else.

The real "bracket race" is only on the last day for the DD's?
                            Last edited by Beagle; March 31, 2012, 06:45 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Yes that's right. The 32 cars with the quickest average time over the five days go rounds on a sportsman ladder, single elimination, with a .10th of a second cushion IIRC. This assumes that nothing prevents the final day and bracket race from happening like last year's rainout.

I thnk it might be fun to come up with some kind of race for the other class cars on the last day too. Maybe the same open comp format but with teams of GM, Ford and Chrysler/AMC? That way we'd see who can cut a light or not amogst the non DD cars. Then you could run off the DD winner against the non-DD winner best out of three for the Drag Week Drag Race Championship of the World.

Call me crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1956NY150 View Post
                                any DW Cars that want to Drag Race comes to the line with a ET in the window
                                sportsman tree

Bob

I see you still dont get the fact that its much harder to run for the quickest ET, than get down the track faster than the guy next to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X