The thing that SUCKS about Drag Week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The thing that SUCKS about Drag Week.

You can't hang out with EVERYBODY you 'know' for the whole week!

There's just too many cool people going and not enough time!
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Amen!
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Thats why you have to keep going back. Kinda like Crack, or so I am told..
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I have seen cars each time I think "when I get time I have to check that out" Most are the Daily Drivers
        2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
        First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
        2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
        2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

yup, my thoughts exactly. I see pics on here or in Hot Hod. then I say to myself I wish I woulda looked at them closer!!
          Counting down to Sept!!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

totally agree! I had so many issues last year that I had no time to just wander, talk and gawk. Starting much earlier this year to try and get all the bugs worked out before leaving this time. (yeah right)
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
              totally agree! I had so many issues last year that I had no time to just wander, talk and gawk. Starting much earlier this year to try and get all the bugs worked out before leaving this time. (yeah right)
              That is my plan, we'll see how successful it turns out to be. Last year it was look up from under hood, "hey man great t see you" then back to disaster under hood, on gorund in parking lot etc. Oh and not to mention being treed and getting one pizza crust and a lite beer or going to the back of the tech line after pushing Jay's car back to the pit.

Or, maybe a small pulley and some spray and take the truck as a DD and leave the car on the trailer.
              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

no kidding...there is too much to see in a week..

Comment

I sorta solved that problem at my second DW in 2010 when my junk failed two days before I had to leave. The week previous I had purchased a 2010 F150 extended cab so thats what I brought. Solved the meetin' people thing when everyone would pile into the truck and off to dinner (or parts chasin') we'd go. BoB and Al,the Aussies Steve and Andrew, Ol'George,Neal,Tomv8,the Dugopolski's(I just had to prove I could spell their name)and the Papes father and son. Worked wonders on my natural shyness!

Comment

I can't wait to hit the trail with you guys this year. Big time fun!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

It's amazing how much different your Drag Week is each day, based on when you get away from the track, and who you happen to pit by, or which motel you end up in...Great fun!!

Comment

its like a drag race a road trip a cruise night and a car show all wrapped into one....

Comment

you forgot "BS-fest" too!!
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                            It's amazing how much different your Drag Week is each day, based on when you get away from the track, and who you happen to pit by, or which motel you end up in...Great fun!!
                            Or when you get pulled over and a dozen drag weekers drive by
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletproof View Post
                              its like a drag race a road trip a cruise night and a car show all wrapped into one....
                              You didn't mention sleep deprivation contest, Mcgyver contest, break down diagnosis contest and finacial wrestling match.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                              X