No announcement yet.

Rules are here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no trouble for me...and here it is on my site, maybe this will work for you? or maybe you have to turn off your anti-virus software or something?

rules
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by moparman63 View Post
      have tried many times to download both links.no luck.anyone else have trouble?
      The PDF link didn't work for me but the Doc file did.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I didn't see the Mammoth Car class for the 198"+ cars... DD doesn't appear to have changed any, now I feel silly for sweating it.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

ya.i got it.thnx squirrel.was hoping the dd field wuld be expanded to 64 cars.but im still happy.i thot the hotrod class wuld be for cars like the red coupe and the green coupe from last year.they had to run unlimited due to the glass bodies.but after reading it appears to be geared more toward the ratrods.
          63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Couple questions that I have, 325/50-15 Mickeys, their web site says their 11.6 tread and others say 11.25 to 11.5. I know they've been used since 2005 in all the narrow tire class's, has anyone gauged them? Any thought's seeing as the new rules specify 11.5". Also in all but street class it says steel body shell and doors, I'm assuming one can use non-steel trunk lid, cowl, valance panel, and separate piece fenders. Just the main shell and doors need to be steel. Thank's
            First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
            Second place SSBBNA 2016
            Third place SSBBNA 2017
            Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
            All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

i think you're right on the body.but i doubt 325's will fit the gauge.
              63 Plymouth DW 2011 Quickest Mopar 11.38@119 Daily Driver

Comment

Yea, I'll have to run unlimited again with my green coupe, being prostreet and glass body. I'm just happy to be apart of the event so it does'nt bother me. I just think my car takes away from the class, only being a 10 sec. car. Just hoping to have as good of a week this year as last. 2011 was 4,000 mile drive to, during and back to FL. in 10 days with no problems.
                2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
                2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
                all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Looks like Street Race can only have non steel, Hood & Bumpers Unless it came with it OEM

The other classes look like Bolt on replacement glass is ok
                  Last edited by JeffMcKC; February 11, 2012, 06:38 PM.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Your car takes nothing away from the class.The fact you came all that way,flogged the crap out of it and drove home is a win!.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                      Your car takes nothing away from the class.The fact you came all that way,flogged the crap out of it and drove home is a win!.
                      ya what he said
                      COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

All in all pretty good, but I remain disappointed that 385 BBF's can't be in gasser or hot rod, no 429's, 460's or Boss 429's seemed to miss a lot of what actually was run back in the day, if the day goes up to 68, 69 or 70.

But the rules are the rules, and I just finishing remains the biggest challenge, for me anyway.
                        Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

PS. The new Hot Rod class is a great addition, all it needs is to have all of the Hot Rod top five buildable engines allowed in it and Gasser.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Hmmm, looks like at least one of my cars may fall in between the rules. My '64 Galaxie has small tires and a stock leaf spring style rear suspension. It also has a weld-in Art Morrison front clip based on the Mustang II design, to make more room for the engine. It looks like it would fit in Modified if I got approval for the welded in front clip, but then the rear suspension being stock in origin won't work. In Super Street the rear suspension would be legal, but there appears to be no welded-in front suspension components allowed. I guess it would fit in Unlimited

My 69 Shelby Mustang clone has small tires, but is back halved with a four link. It retains the stock front frame rails, but has a bolt in strut conversion kit from Fatman. To make room for the SOHC the shock towers are cut out of the car, and the top strut mounts are welded on to the forward roll cage extensions. It looks like it might fit in Modified, because it does use the stock front frame rails, but I think I'd better check with Hot Rod to be sure since the factory shock towers are gone; if they consider them part of the frame rails, Modified is a no-go. It also might fit in Pro-Street with a special approval for the front suspension, if I decided to put big tires on it. But I hate to do that, because the wheelwells are radiused for a 29.5" diameter tire. I'd rather not re-do that bodywork.

Looks like I might be a special case again this year<sigh>. After last year's one day and out performance, I was thinking about coming back this year with three cars: My Galaxie with the 520" SOHC, my Shelby clone with the 585" SOHC, and my 69 Mach 1 with a new 530" High Riser engine. Figuring at least one of them would finish The Mach 1 fits into BB/NA street race with no trouble, at least. Hope I can get the other cars into competitive classes; we will see what Hot Rod says...

Comment

gosh, what trouble you have to pick from 3 sweet cars!!

j/k! kinda does suck not to know where they would fit tho.
                              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Jay are you saying Joel will no longer be a trunk monkey?

Comment

Working...
                                X