Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Wow.

I have ALLOT to learn about chassis. I have considered boxing in a good portion of the ranger rear frame rails when I have the bed off and I'm swapping fuel tank locations.

I'd hate to think the frame boxing we did to Seth's bu - or boxing the notoriously flexible Ranger frame would not put a vehicle into a modified class.....
    Boxing would not change Classes I dont think but your better off to use cage from above both for Rules and it will be stronger and lighter is done right.
    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      that there is pretty serious modificating.... start with something old, the frames are skinny!
      It was the car I had this is 3 weeks before the first Drag Week it went on.

It was built front to back in 45 days, the first engine, trans, cage. The Paint and Body was three days and Ups and Ebay where worn out.
      Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 29, 2011, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Good Lord Jeff - you're one of those guys that doesn't need to eat or sleep right? sheesh that's a crap ton of work in 45 days!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I know about them thrash builds, my 55 went from a bare rolling shell to driving on power tour in about one month. I cheated, I had the motor and trans already

Those lightweights that GM started making in the late 70s make good race cars
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

We have the "Crow Rule(tires)The Jeff rule.Who is the next one to have a rule named after them?Did they come up with a Masch rule?LOL

Comment

I think they should let strait axle convertions on vettes fit into modified. I have my eye on sb na mod and want to build my fairlane for the class. Need to finish the mustang first.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                We have the "Crow Rule(tires)The Jeff rule.Who is the next one to have a rule named after them?Did they come up with a Masch rule?LOL
                I think I've heard of a Brian Rock rule too
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think the Masch rule is the Limited Class, The Jeff Rule is the New Modifed Class.

I think David is doing the right thing, he is trying to not let it get away from him. I dont think he dreamed cars like mine and Todds would be brought and fit within the rules as they where set up to start.

Comment

i wonder how long it will be before someone just cuts the entire floorpan out of the rear of a car, slices an eight inch strip out of the middle and welds it back together (bringing the frame rails closer together) then patches it all back into the car.......... it WOULD still be the original frame rails.............

Comment

Probably be easier on an F or X body with the separate rear frame rails.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I think its covered

CHASSIS
                        Must use the complete stock frame or subframe(s) from bumper to bumper.
                        •Subframe connectors allowed.
                        •Tubular transmission crossmembers allowed.
                        •Bolt-in tubular front crossmembers allowed.
                        Rear framerails may be notched for tire clearance but must remain structural as intended by the OE manufacturer and may not be supported or reinforced by non-original methods (though a custom upper shock crossmember that spans from framerail to framerail is allowed). As a guideline, don’t notch the framerail by more than half its original width.

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/dragweek/2011/...#ixzz1ZOW2IJsS

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                          I think the Masch rule is the Limited Class, The Jeff Rule is the New Modifed Class.

I think David is doing the right thing, he is trying to not let it get away from him. I dont think he dreamed cars like mine and Todds would be brought and fit within the rules as they where set up to start.
                          I agree.What else do we have to think about other than DW.

Comment

I agree.What else do we have to think about other than DW.
                            Dave is now like the warden of a prison, trying to stay in control of a bunch of people who are actively trying to get around him and get away with something................

and that was my whole point about the frame rails, if you did the mod i suggested, the rails would still be complete, un reinforced, and structural, just not exactly where they started out................. an untrained eye might not even spot it.

Comment

Originally posted by biginch View Post
                              i wonder how long it will be before someone just cuts the entire floorpan out of the rear of a car, slices an eight inch strip out of the middle and welds it back together (bringing the frame rails closer together) then patches it all back into the car.......... it WOULD still be the original frame rails.............
                              I saw that done on a '68 Dart being set up for SS/AH. Looks nice when it's done and the cage hides some of the dimension change.
                              Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

But David and Turk have the "David and Turk Rule" which supersede all other Rules.

"Its not the rule, its not the intent of the rule, Its the Spirt of the intent of the rule."
                                with a 11.25 tire limit there's not anything to gain.
                                Last edited by JeffMcKC; September 30, 2011, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X