New to forum and drag week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum and drag week

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and drag week, I've been following new posts for the last year and thought I'd join and introduce myself. Last year was my first year spectating US 131 dragway in Martin Michigan. This year my father and I have pulled our 1968 Pontiac Gto out of storage in hope to compete this year and luckily after a stressful 6 mins we got our conformation. Lol. We are currently working on a new motor (461) and set up for the car. I plan on sharing my experiences with the build and the week itself. Super excited and also super green so any advice is always welcome

Awesome!!!

Comment

Good looking Pontiac.

My advice is to be driving the car by july, then work the bugs out. by driving, I mean both down the drag strip, and longish road trips. If you want specific suggestions, give more detail about the build

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
        Good looking Pontiac.

My advice is to be driving the car by july, then work the bugs out. by driving, I mean both down the drag strip, and longish road trips. If you want specific suggestions, give more detail about the build
        Listen to Squirrel, he is correct. I had 10 miles on my car last year and 0 passes. We finished but it sure wasn't easy!

Comment

Get lots of sleep BEFORE the event... Once it starts you will not get much LOL.

Comment

I will say welcome... as said already.. get miles on your ride..
            and enjoy... it can be brutal on the trip

Comment

another stick guy! yay!
              http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
              Join The Militia

Comment

Welcome aboard. As for prep, yep drive, drive, and more drive and sit in traffic,,,,,,and finally, My grandson & I enjoy a sit down meal Sunday evening before the madness begins. (Never know when the next one will roll around)
                Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Originally posted by greenXpress View Post
                  Welcome aboard. As for prep, yep drive, drive, and more drive and sit in traffic,,,,,,and finally, My grandson & I enjoy a sit down meal Sunday evening before the madness begins. (Never know when the next one will roll around)
                  Bring your cooler you can always fix what breaks but warm beer that's another thing
                  Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                  Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post

Bring your cooler you can always fix what breaks but warm beer that's another thing
                    And, if you have cold beer, you can always get quick52 to help you out!

Comment

Originally posted by HemiRick1 View Post

And, if you have cold beer, you can always get quick52 to help you out!
                      Our you can get your buddy to leave you on the side of the road because he heard the dinner bell.
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post

Our you can get your buddy to leave you on the side of the road because he heard the dinner bell.
                        Really hit a guy below the belt when he is not here to defend himself! Typical Ford guy LOOSER!!!!

Comment

Update on our progress, we have the short block mocked up for the first time with everything checking out except for thrust clearances, so one more tear down before the final assembly, we have a stock Pontiac 400 block bored .30 over with a new butler performance 461 eagle forged crank, eagle forged H beam connecting rods and Ross pistons. Hoping to be in the 600hp range

Comment

Cool, progress is good!!
                            Looks like you don't live to far from me.
                            Last edited by Tommy71; April 16, 2017, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Bring a cooler, lots of duct tape, and throw caution to the wind! Its a blast,
                              Very nice GTO...
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17
                              "Stay thirsty my friends"
                              The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Working...
                              X