Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor coming along

Comment

It's been a while since updates. And lots of additions. Lol. Turned roll bar into cage. Decided on Magnumforce from k-member & rack. Needed to reinforce shock towers. Put on trailer hitch. More wiring. Etc. etc. Next week headers are being built. Trans, GV (oh another addition lol), and Magnumforce items all due in early in the week. I've been at shop just about everyday for a month helping to grind this out. Essentially the only thing left untouched now is the rear end. Here's some pics.
      Last edited by Deucemopar; August 4, 2017, 04:09 PM.

Comment

things are looking fantastic! it's funny how it all sort of falls back together after being so far apart for so long.
        http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ps24d553b8.jpg
        Join The Militia

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Walter View Post
          things are looking fantastic! it's funny how it all sort of falls back together after being so far apart for so long.
          Thanks!. Isn't that the truth though. Lol. Like a 12 step program.

Comment

Looking good!!

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
              Looking good!!
              Thanks man! Starting to get to the excited part again. Lol Here's motor. Finalizing before install. Tomorrow will fit alternator then will be ready to drop in!
              Last edited by Deucemopar; August 7, 2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

That is pretty! Make sure to get your road miles in, don't be me last year

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
                  That is pretty! Make sure to get your road miles in, don't be me last year
                  For sure. We've got 18th marked as ready to get on the road. (Date change #42 ). Couple weeks of progressive road tests to shake out the typical: temps, fluids, what's lose, etc etc.

Couple test n tunes or maybe track rental day to at least zero the suspension. Then maybe Yellowbullet. A lot for just 5 weeks then 1k+ mile road trip. lol.

Magnumforce front end going in. Very nice piece. Fingers crossed trans in tomorrow and we can get headers finished this week.

Comment

Looking very good! Are you sure this is not V Gaines?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 340Cuda View Post
                      Looking very good! Are you sure this is not V Gaines?

Bill
                      Thanks ! Do you mean? V ? No. Sorry.

Finishing up engine. Should go in tomorrow and see what we have with the pan. Brakes all on and front end set. Good design. Well made. Worth the wait.

Comment

Motor, trans and GV in. Need some massaging of driver's side valve cover to clear brake master. No biggie. Hopefully get working on headers once springs/shocks get in tomorrow.

Comment

Headers tacked and all set to be welded. Cooling system all in. All wiring set to hook up just a couple things on harness left to pin. Hope to finish hooking up fuel system tomorrow, fan and alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post

Thanks ! Do you mean? V ? No. Sorry.
                            Weak joke I inspired by what V Gaines calls the "Mean Teeth" he had on his Pro Stocker.

Very nice car, looking forward to seeing it in person.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by 340Cuda View Post

Weak joke I inspired by what V Gaines calls the "Mean Teeth" he had on his Pro Stocker.

Very nice car, looking forward to seeing it in person.

Bill
                              Oh. I'm slow on jokes lol. Cool. I was "inspired" by that great classic 80s movie The Wraith. Rofl.

Thanks and see you there!!!
                              Last edited by Deucemopar; August 19, 2017, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Almost there! Just need to finish the exhaust and fittings for fuel return ... add fluids and flush few lines. Guys at shop did awesome job with locating and mounting coils. And Ev with the headers and hours of fitting, tacking, checking, fitting, tig'ing, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X