No announcement yet.

Now that we are in ... here is our car - 65 Barracuda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had planned to go this year but the start location is just a bit far for fuel cost and time. I still want to get back into it though so I registered for Rocky Mounting Raceweek. Now I just have to get my junk up back together and tested.
    Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Us too we will see you there in July.

Comment

Cal Tracs on. Weren't sure of which ones to go to, so we ordered -1. Wanted to get her as low as we can. Just about perfect. Time to start engine/trans removal. (And few more stickers off lol ... though new trans will still be an ATI )
        Last edited by Deucemopar; April 6, 2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
          I had planned to go this year but the start location is just a bit far for fuel cost and time. I still want to get back into it though so I registered for Rocky Mounting Raceweek. Now I just have to get my junk up back together and tested.
          Cool. Rocky Mt looks like a blast! Good luck!

Comment

Yeah, that looks good.

Comment

Your car looks nice sitting lower like that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 fast evo 2 View Post
                Your car looks nice sitting lower like that.
                Aye. Thanks man!

Need to get better pic when's it's out of its resting place back there. Lol
                Last edited by Deucemopar; April 10, 2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Latest update. Going with 270 Trick Flow heads.

Did full suspension and brake check up. (Thanks Dave!). Along with Cal Tracs, replaced all rotors and pads, shocks all around, and new idler arm ... rest of the steering solid.

Comment

Parts and kits rolling in now. Trans tunnel work this week.

Another "addition" to build is Magnumforce tubular K-member (double adj) coil over and rack-and-pinion kit. And maybe GearVendor. No joke when they say take your estimated budget and double it. Lol

We'll get some pics the end of next week when we return home.

Comment

Originally posted by Deucemopar View Post
                      Parts and kits rolling in now. Trans tunnel work this week.

Another "addition" to build is Magnumforce tubular K-member (double adj) coil over and rack-and-pinion kit. And maybe GearVendor. No joke when they say take your estimated budget and double it. Lol

We'll get some pics the end of next week when we return home.
                      Awesome. A'int that the truth on the budget!

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
                        Ha! drag week and Budget in the same post....last year I had to switch cars at the last minute and take my street car...DOOH! it was all wheel drive which cost me 4 rims with slicks....

Comment

Originally posted by petej View Post
                          Ha! drag week and Budget in the same post....last year I had to switch cars at the last minute and take my street car...DOOH! it was all wheel drive which cost me 4 rims with slicks....
                          Wow, I read your postings about what happened to you last year to my wife to show her how dedicated guys are to doing Dragweek. Sounded really expensive though!!

Comment

Originally posted by wondermut View Post
                            Originally posted by petej View Post
                            Ha! drag week and Budget in the same post ....
                            Ya lol. GearVendor ordered. Since we're doing the tunnel. And want to keep rear gears which seems best for our rear wheels and shift points on the track. Least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Some pics of trans, bell housing and tunnel work.

Comment

Going back to 240 TF heads. 270s have max wedge intake design.

Tunnel work progressing (Dave!) and motor plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X