Navigation system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation system

Just looking to get some input on what you guys are using? Is there a system that you can enter the turn by turn from HR directions? Sure would be nice in the middle of the night to follow.

Thanks , Dusty

I don't navigate...but my son did quite well by using a large paper map, and then using google maps on his phone to carefully go through the whole route.

Maybe you could practice on some of the old directions, on whatever system you are planning to use? Here's one sample, I expect you could find a lot more if you took the effort to find them.

honda-engines,headlight,engine-idle,paint,exterior,bmw,chevy-trucks,ford-engines,coupes,ram,luxury-cars,53-ls-engine,auctions,gear-guide,jeep-jl,camber,street-rodder,boss-429,4x4-truck,placeholder,plymouth,custom-trucks,vq35de,air-filter-and-intake,custom-cars,taillight,vans,hyundai,bentley,mustang-svo,instrument-panel,rear-seat,all-stars,audi,supercharger,batteries,insurance,shelby-gt,archive,rat-rod,cylinder-head,aston-martin,evtlc,car-battery,crankcase,isuzu,overland-vehicles,restomod,trunk,mustang-50,engine-drivetrain,motorcycles,mopar,vinfast,srt,chevy-43-v6,gmc,coilovers,mopar-crate-engines,off-road-truck,svod,compression-ratio,technology,muffler,supercars,pickup-truck,interviews,jdm,4l80e-transmission,jeep-yj,rear-view,refurb,jeep,4-wheel-drive,sdv,square-body-chevy,best-drivers-car,car-profiles,interior,wiring-harness,crate-engines,fisker,shelby-gt500,muscle-cars,transfer-case,body-kit,fuel-injector,bold-predictions,bollinger,efi,powerstroke,quadrajet-carburetor,chevy-nova,off-road-vehicles,products-services,alfa-romeo,turbo,43-vortec,air-compressor,polestar,cobra-jet,autonomouss-vehicles,k24-engine,vortec-heads,affiliate,side-view,winch,izmo,convertibles,wire-wheels,sedans,engine,jeep-40-engine,readers-rides,inevitable,jeep-cj,doors,hot-rod-podcast,borla-exhaust,wheel-fitment,front,small-block-chevy,comp-cams,roadkill,emissions-test,scion,road-trips,hatchbacks,beadlock-wheels,door-handle,super-chevy,lexus,4th-gen-camaro,chevy-350,motorhome,karma,military-vehicles,body-filler,paint-body,53-engine,mazda,ford-f100,atv,jeep-tj,grille,chemicals,transmission,barn-finds,museums,32-ford,custom-paint,lincoln,jeep-xj,roadster,3rd-gen-cummins,gas-engine,1st-gen-camaro,used-cars,rolls-royce,4-wheel-and-off-road,death-wobble,buyers-guide,first-test,454-engine,duramax,daewoo,design,honda,lq4-engine,327-engine,transmission-fluid,diesel-trucks,suspension,dodge-daytona,3rd-gen-camaro,mustang-2,parts,fiat,lq9-engine,tire-ratings,chevrolet,testdata,atvs-utvs,eagle,street-outlaws,diesel,restoration,shortbed,1st-gen-cummins,volvo,jdm-engines,street-freaks,oldsmobile,bumper,holley-efi,302-engine,electric-truck,infiniti,mt75,lowrider-art,camshaft,mercury,kia,maybach,fox-body-mustang,dodge,saturn,marketing,air-vents,canoo,week-to-wicked,automatic-transmission,temp-control,muncie-4-speed,wheels-tires,v8-engine,vtec,distributor-cap,classic-trucks,inevitable-landing,angular-front,motorsports,utility-trailers,steering-column,ls-engine,trucks,cummins-diesel,cadillac,55-chevy,subaru,drift-trike,jeep-jk,front-seat,disc-brake,dodge-scat-pack,general-motors,engine-build,obs-ford,t56-transmission,motortrend75,motor-oil,building-engines,horsepower-vs-torque,wheel-spacers,ford-9-inch-rear-end,chrysler,4l60e-transmission,parts-accessories,big-block-chevy,chassis,nascar,lifted-trucks,tire-reviews,sports-cars,acura,intake-manifold,bicycles,s197-mustang,maserati,2jzgte,bugatti,ls1-engine,classic-performance-products,ford-crate-engines,wheel-alignment,interior-electrical,flathead-engine,accessories,lsa-engine,60s-cars,90s-cars,buick,automotive-paint,off-roading,engine-swap,spark-plug,mini,lotus,nissan,mitsubishi,lamborghini,utv,porsche,rivian,audio-system,57-hemi,suzuki,lead,s550-mustang,289-engine,diesel-exhaust-fluid,land-rover,mclaren,car-headers,lifestyle,am-general,g-body,lucid,buying-advice,mecum,700r4-transmission,70s-cars,tri-five-chevy,80s-cars,dually,drag-racing,gasser,exhaust-manifold,351-cleveland,t5-transmission,351-windsor,products,pontiac,coda,protectants-and-wipes,angular-rear,ls3-engine,car-design,tesla,hemi-engine,door-controls,front-three-quarter,thumbnail,prerunner,awards,ford,wheel-offset,services,side-x-side,camaro-v6,sr20det,vortec-8100,front-view,hummer,smart,air-ride-suspension,56-chevy,chassis-suspension,diesel-engine,hybrids,impala-lowrider,volkswagen,history,jaguar,mercedes-benz,longbed,2nd-gen-cummins,hot-rod,chevy-chevelle,wheel-cap,international-trucks,mirror,lowrider-truck,alternator-repair,sn95-mustang,tuner-cars,gear-shift,53-vortec,classic-mustangs,car-title,dashboard,gearing-ratio,chevy-pickup,camper-van,engine-oil,chevy-305,saab,instrument-cluster,hydraulic,recreational-vehicles,ferrari,2nd-gen-camaro,engine-block,carburetor,drive-axle,4-wheel-drive-and-sport-utility,57-chevy,c4-transmission,maintenance,luxury-suv,genesis,diesel-vs-gas,coyote-engine,project-cars,electrics,lights,steering-wheel,drag-car,toyota,lowrider-bike,lowriders,suv,intellichoice,top-chop

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

We are looking for something also. We missed a few turns and my 70yr old father did very well considering he isn't the best with electronics.

Comment

This has come up in the Power Tour section and only a few have been successful, myself not being one of them.

Now that the route is posted, how do we load the route into a GPS? Or load route into an iPhone? Is there a website with links to print outs of the day by day

I have done the same as mentioned, a large print map and Map app on my cell phone. DW 16 I forgot the atlas and bought an Ohio map at a gas station, then promptly left it laying on the roof of the car as we drove away. Hopefully another DW'r picked it up and used it!
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Nothing will help you when the directions are wrong or the roads on the directions are closed.

Comment

there's one thing that will help you....a good sense of humor!

yeah, we lucked out and figured out the closed road somehow, and the directions being wrong, well, we just live with it and do the best we can.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post

yeah, we lucked out and figured out the closed road somehow, and the directions being wrong, well, we just live with it and do the best we can.
              Yup you have to.

Comment

We didn't. Both us and the Aussie Chevelle ended up on a back road that a horse would have had trouble with. A state trooper sent us down it, I think she was messing with us. Harry thought it was great, we did not lol.

Comment

With no co pilot it was tough navigating through Ohio. I've got a daily reminder of the detour from Monday night ended up on a dead end road trying to turn around and this happened trailer right into the side of the quarter.

Comment

We just used the directions they gave us and our phones.

I had my GPS in the car for MPH and odometer. We would get on a road and know that in say 24 miles we had to start looming for the next turn.
                    http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...IMG_3754-1.jpg

Comment

Back road on day one, Trooper gave us 3 options but the map did not say what type of road it was.

Comment

Two folks....much more funs....
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Two folks....much more funs....
                          Thought about picking up a hitchhiker then remembered what happens in two lane black top when the GTO guy picks one up. Lol

Comment

heh...you don't want that!
                            My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by chevy only racing View Post
                              With no co pilot it was tough navigating through Ohio. I've got a daily reminder of the detour from Monday night ended up on a dead end road trying to turn around and this happened trailer right into the side of the quarter.
                              OUCH!

Comment

Working...
                              X