Racing on Woodward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing on Woodward

Word is that HR Road Kill is coming again to Metro Detroit for Dream Cruise... And there will be racing on Woodward the day before Dream Cruise
    Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
    Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
    Word is that HR Road Kill is coming again to Metro Detroit for Dream Cruise... And there will be racing on Woodward the day before Dream Cruise
    Yep... right near South Boulevard on Woodward... they are having
    a Dodge run out in Kansas soon... first place Dodge to win.. 10K,
    2nd place 5K.. 3rd place 2.5K..has to be a Dodge..no pick ups..
    $750 to win for NON Dodge and $500 for 2nd NON Dodge..
    even being my little truck is a true Dodge.. I cant race.. no pick
    ups... I hope they change that rule of no pick ups.. just as long
    as they are Dodge.. not a Ram
    I Have the rules in a post down farther
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 30, 2016, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

Yep... right near South Boulevard on Woodward... they are having
      a Dodge run out in Kansas soon... first place Dodge to win.. 10K,
      2nd place 5K.. 3rd place 2.5K..has to be a Dodge..no pick ups..
      $750 to win for NON Dodge and $500 for 2nd NON Dodge..
      even being my little truck is a true Dodge.. I cant race.. no pick
      ups... I hope they change that rule of no pick ups.. just as long
      as they are Dodge.. not a Ram
      www,theoaklandpress.com/...drag-racing-could-be-coming-to-woodward

Comment

Prices are not bad.

Comment

What do they have against trucks? They are selling well enough and they want to promote the cars?
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
            What do they have against trucks? They are selling well enough and they want to promote the cars?
            The purple F1 kicked ass last year

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
              This is sponsored by Dodge.. thats the big reason.. I assume there
              will be a few Hellcats there... I would sure like to see them change
              their minds on the pick up rule.... just as long as its a Dodge... the
              rules also say has to be street legal with license and insured.. I have
              no issues except the pick up issue.... its suppose to be like 500' long
              with no prep....IF its based on the Kansas one... cant see why its
              only 500' if its on Woodward.. plenty of shut down area... heard it
              was gonna be right at the new big dollar M1 Concourse... for you
              guys that dont know about that place..you buy a garage and it has its
              own road course and many other racing features.. I havent been
              there yet but I hear its SUPER NICE.... but NOT CHEAP...has a 1.5
              mile track just for the owners and a 2.5 acre skid pad.. restaurant
              and other things

Comment

This is sponsored by Dodge.. thats the big reason.. I assume there
                will be a few Hellcats there... I would sure like to see them change
                their minds on the pick up rule.... just as long as its a Dodge... the
                rules also say has to be street legal with license and insured.. I have
                no issues except the pick up issue.... its suppose to be like 500' long
                with no prep....IF its based on the Kansas one... cant see why its
                only 500' if its on Woodward.. plenty of shut down area... heard it
                was gonna be right at the new big dollar M1 Concourse... for you
                guys that dont know about that place..you buy a garage and it has its
                own road course and many other racing features.. I havent been
                there yet but I hear its SUPER NICE.... but NOT CHEAP...has a 1.5
                mile track just for the owners and a 2.5 acre skid pad.. restaurant
                and other things
                The Silver Dome was short last year not sure how long but the shut down was very short..

Comment

The Silver Dome was short last year not sure how long but the shut down was very short..
                  I here this year they are using all the FORDS for barrier protection along Woodward to keep the fans save from all the Bad Ass Mopars running!!! Ill look for you as we get First Class treatment For driving a MOPAR, And I big salute to all you Veterans, thanks for all you have done for us

Comment

Here are the rules... as of now
                    Rules & Regulations

All vehicles participating in the drag race must be street legal, with a valid license plate and registration. No paper or dealer license plates.
                    All vehicles must be insured with proof of insurance matching the vehicle’s VIN number.
                    All drivers must be 21 years or older and have a valid driver’s license.
                    Drivers must provide their own fuel.
                    NO trailered vehicles—all vehicles must be driven to/into/from the event site.
                    DOT-approved tires only. NO slicks! Tires cannot protrude outside top of fender.
                    NO passengers are allowed in the vehicle on the dragstrip.
                    Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required.
                    Vehicle inspection to take place upon arrival:
                    Battery must be secured.
                    No visible leaks.
                    Coolant catch can required.
                    Mufflers required.
                    Functioning seatbelt required.
                    No loose items inside vehicle.
                    SA or M 2005 or newer helmet required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
                    Participants will be required to review and sign a liability release/waiver.
                    For the safety of all participants, each driver must submit to and pass a breathalyzer test.

Comment

Here are the rules... as of now
                      Rules & Regulations

All vehicles participating in the drag race must be street legal, with a valid license plate and registration. No paper or dealer license plates.
                      All vehicles must be insured with proof of insurance matching the vehicle’s VIN number.
                      All drivers must be 21 years or older and have a valid driver’s license.
                      Drivers must provide their own fuel.
                      NO trailered vehicles—all vehicles must be driven to/into/from the event site.
                      DOT-approved tires only. NO slicks! Tires cannot protrude outside top of fender.
                      NO passengers are allowed in the vehicle on the dragstrip.
                      Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required.
                      Vehicle inspection to take place upon arrival:
                      Battery must be secured.
                      No visible leaks.
                      Coolant catch can required.
                      Mufflers required.
                      Functioning seatbelt required.
                      No loose items inside vehicle.
                      SA or M 2005 or newer helmet required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
                      Participants will be required to review and sign a liability release/waiver.
                      For the safety of all participants, each driver must submit to and pass a breathalyzer test.
                      The last one might be tough for Quick -52,also know as the Big V or Pork chop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After re-reading these rules about 6 times now... I dont see where
                        it says "NO TRUCKS"... but in the post Friberger put on Moparts
                        he did state no trucks... I'm gonna have to check into this

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post

The last one might be tough for Quick -52,also know as the Big V or Pork chop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          But But But Officer it was only a 6 pack and a breath mint

Comment

Rod please play by the rules again this year!!!! Or put some tires on this time its for $10,000

Comment

Rod please play by the rules again this year!!!! Or put some tires on this time its for $10,000
                              I did play by the rules it said street tires but as we all know some people stretch things ( Just saying not pointing fingers)

Comment

Working...
                              X