• Show
Clear All

This is what the cluster looks like... the red wire is the brite
    light indicator which I have to run yet(the little light lights are
    the turn signals).. wish I could have got a better pic. it actually
    looks good
    EDIT
    Looks like I never hooked up the bright light indicator so I have
    to track down that wire.. also need to track down the horn wire..
    I thought I had the horn wire already.. nope... I got the parts I
    needed today for the trans part of the speedo so thats set.. now
    I need to pull the freeze plug out of the trans and install the sender
    for the electric speedo... but that will wait till another day... going
    fishing tomorrow with my brother.. the walleyes are starting to hit
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0158.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	1097988
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; April 18, 2016, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I got a new bezel for the cluster.. got it drilled.. thats already to go
      in but I have to route a wire so I am holding off for the moment to
      mount the cluster for the final time.. but that will have to wait till I
      get back from my other house.. I will be up there for a week to
      get my food plots planted.. I'll be headed up there tomorrow.. I
      had to do some work on my big truck so I could take it up.. got
      that done today.. so that is set for DW also.. I use that truck to
      haul my big trailer(43' with LQ).... Dale(Quick52) stopped by this
      morning to pick up a hose fitting to finish up a fuel system.. Rod..
      that part will be done very soon.. then he has the trans leak to look
      at.. you will have it back soon

Comment

Nice updates!

I have got a few projects myself
        I went TBI on mine, still learning/tuning. Next project is to lock the dizzy and have ECU control spark as well
        Went with pushlok hose from the fuel log to the injectors, but the summit fittings leaked horribly...got those replaced and leak free so far.
        Made the hitch a few months back
        Wired a horn, as I didn't have one. Can barely hear the small motorcycle horn over the exhaust, but I suppose it meets DW criteria
        Added a pusher fan triggered by the ECU as insurance
        Need to replace a ball joint boot and align the thing. Not sure if I'll take it to Jake, or buy the tools and try it myself.

They are never really done...haha

Comment

When I built the truck I ran a wire for the fuel sending unit.. but I
          have to do a continuity check to make sure it is that.. then run a
          wire for the speedo sender.. should be done tomorrow with that
          stuff... then I'll check a oil issue.... as said.. are they ever done

Comment

I havent had much time to work on it... now I am having plumbing
            issues on the house... I had a plumber come out and snake the
            drain about 3 months ago... it backed up again the other day.. so
            I am getting the plumber back out.. but this time I want him to do a
            video so I can see whats going on.. I hope the coupler at the septic
            tank hasnt come off... that is about the only place that could be a
            issue... unless a pipe collapsed but the last time the snake went right
            through without any issue... but I would love to get back to get back
            to my own work
            Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 18, 2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

I was out in the shop yesterday..got the cluster all done..ran a couple
              of extra wires for things that I might put in later.. I just need to put
              the steering column covers back on then take it out for a putt and
              calibrate the speedo.. Dale stopped by so I got him to help me put
              the one side of the exhaust back up in place..I took it off so I could
              get at the speedo sending unit... so now it has all the legal stuff
              for DW.. mainly the horn that I didnt have before

Comment

I cleaned up the Rampage this morning so I could
                take it out for a cruise this afternoon .. I had to cut the lawn to get
                that done before the rains come in a couple of days..
                I had the truck outside in the sun when I cleaned it
                so I checked the wind direction and it was fine..
                as I was cutting the wind changed directions and I didnt
                notice it.. I got done doing the front... and I look at
                the truck... its thick with dust... great... so I get to
                do it all over again...at least its a small truck....
                rant off.... and I'm still not done cutting... I will get it out
                today to get the calibration done

Comment

I got the speedo calibration done... Dale(quick52) stopped by and
                  we did the calibration run.. after that I did a pretty good full on boggy
                  and it ran well... then after that the fuel system seemed to shut down
                  but it didnt die.. it cleaned up then I pulled into my driveway.. once
                  in the shop I see a major oil leak on the driveway all the way in.. it
                  looks like a valve cover is leaking big time.. just something else to
                  mess with.. that side has been a problem hitting on the intake.. I
                  am gonna try 2 gaskets to see if that corrects it... this stuff is never
                  done
                  EDIT
                  Also I had to do my boggy run on the drive into the ford proving
                  grounds(down the road from me)..I turned around in their parking
                  lot and got straight and put the hammer down.... oh yeah.. the
                  horn wants to honk all by itself.. gotta be grounding in the column
                  somewhere so thats another thing to mess with
                  Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 24, 2016, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Because street car right? Only these cars have these issues. Horn honks itself, classic. Good luck, see you in September.
                    Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                      Because street car right? Only these cars have these issues. Horn honks itself, classic. Good luck, see you in September.
                      The horn is a bit embarrassing ..its like the wire moves around and
                      touches ground and honks... just another thing to fix

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

..its like the wire moves around and touches ground and honks...
                        You might try insulated wire

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

You might try insulated wire
                          I found the horn issue...its in the horn button itself.. which is
                          a sealed unit... I pulled the horn button off the steering wheel
                          unplugged it and drove it .. it worked fine..if I touch the wire
                          to ground it honks like normal... I'll order another horn button
                          assembly .. I know a guy that has or at least had some so I
                          hope he still has one laying around..... plus I found another
                          oil leak... had to pull the pan.. the rubber seal at the front
                          corner at the timing cover blew out.. it was iffy anyways..
                          when I was putting it in it has 2 little titties that you put into
                          holes in the pan.. I tore that one off pulling it in with pliers
                          but I didnt think anything about it.. well it moved forward and
                          left that hole open to the crank case.. at least its easy to pull
                          the pan on this junker

Comment

Well I got the junker all put back together... I'll fill it up with
                            oil and take it out for a run today.... the oil leaks SHOULD be
                            history..... at least I sure hope so.. I took my time and opened
                            up the small holes where I broke off the titties last time... so
                            with a bit of luck(which I have ZERO LUCK with this damn
                            thing).. but hopefully its coming around.. this time on my blast
                            I think I'll even open the elec dumps to see how it acts... plus
                            I want to pull off the roll over valve thats on the vent line.. that
                            could be causing a issue I had with the fuel

Took it out for a run.. no leaks thankfully.. and it ran real strong
                            but I still forgot to open the dumps... it didnt have the fuel issue
                            either... must have been Dale in the car... LOL... oh yeah.. it
                            has 10# more oil pressure now at hot idle... which I do like...
                            still need to get the horn button
                            Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 30, 2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I have had the worst luck with horns at DW. I had to hard wire one in the tech lanes at DW '14 because the Grant Horn button decided not to work somewhere on I40. I had a similar deal with the new set up in the Fox project, so the new horns and the windshield washer stalk switch we created suddenly sounded wheezy at Drag Weekend 2016. I will have a Mexican fiesta horn for DW '16 connected with a bare wire to the hot post under the dash for DW tech inspection.
                              Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Well things didnt go as well as planned... it still has a bit of a oil leak
                                at the rear of the pan area... plus yesterday Dale and I went to a
                                cruise for something to do... the rpm wouldnt drop down to normal..
                                was about 1500 -1700 rpm... when we got to the cruise I started
                                started looking.. what I found was the kick down cable came loose
                                and dropped down past the sleeve which was hanging the mains
                                open a fair bit... between that and the AIS it might have been getting
                                a stupid signal.. I got on it a few times on the way home... ran better
                                than before and idles right down... that part I'm happy with.. I pulled
                                the pan today AGAIN.. this time I'm changing the rear main seal also
                                so MAYBE it will seal up this time... this is getting so F-ING old you
                                cant believe it.... at least I can have the pan off in 10 minutes
                                Last edited by MR P-BODY; June 1, 2016, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X