No announcement yet.

2016 Hot Rod Drag Weekend East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the new issue of Hot Rod, David Kennedy mentions that Drag Weekend East will be in the fall....no more details.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
      In the new issue of Hot Rod, David Kennedy mentions that Drag Weekend East will be in the fall....no more details.
      Thank you for the update.
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Wanted to bump this. Any updates?

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

all quiet on hot rod's facebook page, which is where we usually hear about these things first
          My fabulous web page

Comment

Anything
            Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
            Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Wonder if a matte black hemi 55 Chevy will be part of this.. might want to pick his brain, as he might be in the know..

Comment

What's the grape vine got to say?

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

crickets

My fabulous web page

Comment

Well, I know this heading in the wrong direction...literally. I see the Forums regarding Drag Weekend West and East. and have not ran across anything regarding a Southern,or Central States theme. I am new to Bangshift.com. so maybe I have missed something, maybe not. I like the idea of the drag weekend theme, just hoping that there was something a bit closer to my area...that being Oklahoma. The fall theme really seems to be a good idea since a lot of tracks throw out the big shows in the spring and summer and are kinda winding down for the season by mid to late fall. I know weather that time of year can always be a factor but hey being South we do benefit from a little more decent weather to play with that time of the year than a lot of other areas.

Comment

Being from Oklahoma, you've had Drag Week in your back yard for a few years...the Weekend idea is to move it to other locations!

Although this year, you get to make a drive to get to Drag Week.

My fabulous web page

Comment

yep I get that totally, unfortunately, the week event is pretty tough for a lot of people to swing considering we all have to work to play. However the weekend event would draw in people like myself that can swing the 3 days versus 5-6 depending on how it goes...it was just a thought.

Comment

I know they want to do more of them, but making it happen seems to be challenging. Last fall, they said plans were to try to have weekend events in the southwest, northwest, southeast, and northeast. I haven't heard any plans for the middle of the country...as you guys already have Drag Week....

and I can understand the desire for a shorter event, too. With the big one selling out so fast, there is lots of demand for this stuff!
                          My fabulous web page

Comment

Yes, I agree and totally understand the logistics of making it happen are pretty crazy at best. I think the draw on the short events would be well worth the effort. I know it seems greedy to want a short event in the same area as Drag Week normally, but there again swinging 5-6 days and the deeper pockets to fund it is a no go for plenty of people that would more than likely jump on a 3 day deal. I'm sure being a weekend gig that some of the off the beaten path tracks around wouldn't mind getting in on the extra revenue that would be generated as well such as MOKAN or OZARK Raceway..places like that. Anyway fun discussion to have and I am glad to see that the West and East are getting in on some of the action! I think the whole concept rocks.
                            Last edited by duct_tape_bandit; August 1, 2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Have they given up on this???

Comment

I think it won't happen this year. But I head they are working on the spring edition of Drag Weekend West 2017.

My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                                X