No announcement yet.

Ultimate Iron or Street Machine Eliminator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure I'm good it'll be nice to hear from him since he went away after the tow strap incident.
    Last edited by Dave D; February 9, 2016, 01:25 PM.
    Dave
    69 Mustang ProStreet
    70 Torino

Comment

Dave there is still goals left in the unlimited Class there isn't anyone in the 8's N/A ... think there's only been a couple N/A cars in the 8's for a average in DW
      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
        Dave there is still goals left in the unlimited Class there isn't anyone in the 8's N/A ... think there's only been a couple N/A cars in the 8's for a average in DW
        Well I'm scheduled to get my chassis certified at Milan this April looking for 8.50 cert but 7.50 would be great. And have my runs witnessed to submit for my license before the end of the month. Changes to the car set-up could allow it to touch 8.9's this spring with the engine package as it is now. If Hot Rod stepped up and made an Ultimate Iron NA class I would pull the engine and step it up to run solidly in the high 8's with the ability to complete the event. Or more than likely step up on the rebuild at the end of the year.
        Why would HR add this class when there arent enough in it to begin with? If I was the only one in the class it would be non-eventful. Are there others that would embrace this class if it was available?
        I'll make a bold statement here. Right now the spirit and direction of DW has to do with power adders and the rest of the participants are spectators that are higher in numbers and contribute more to the program. I see the slower class participation falling off where people like yourself dont and shouldnt cage your cars. At the same time the power adder classes continue to grow. I could say more but I dont want to offend anyone.
        I must be a dinosaur running a big motor and no power adders.
        Dave
        69 Mustang ProStreet
        70 Torino

Comment

I'd like to see Dave S. take the nitrous off his Vette and see how it does NA...it might survive! and it would still be damn quick
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by quick 52 View Post
            Dave you do know Rod is getting ready to strike with this news... Its a good thing you got thick skin he's coming
            Its your lucky day ,just sent an email to Hot Rod asking for a new class for you and Dave. It will be called BBFWC which means BIG BLOCK FORD WHINERS CLASS. See Mopar guys really due care!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post
              Its your lucky day ,just sent an email to Hot Rod asking for a new class for you and Dave. It will be called BBFWC which means BIG BLOCK FORD WHINERS CLASS. See Mopar guys really due care!!!!
              GOOD ONE Rodney!
              I'm not sure how to take the "See Mopar guys really due care!!!!" Does that mean that you are overdue on caring? Maybe that you're feeling guilty? Thanks for putting a word in for the newly proposed BBFWC class. You know us Ford guys cant compete with Mopar nation. Do you think I could get elected president of the BBFWC?
              BTW- you miss-spelled winners, just take h away and add an n.
              Last edited by Dave D; February 15, 2016, 10:39 AM.
              Dave
              69 Mustang ProStreet
              70 Torino

Comment

Originally posted by Dave D View Post

GOOD ONE Rodney!
                I'm not sure how to take the "See Mopar guys really due care!!!!" Does that mean that you are overdue on caring? Maybe that you're feeling guilty? Thanks for putting a word in for the newly proposed BBFWC class. You know us Ford guys cant compete with Mopar nation. Do you think I could get elected president of the BBFWC?
                BTW- you miss-spelled winners, just take h away and add an n.
                No its correct check Webster it means cry babies. What happen to the big V !! It must be his day to dust!!!

Comment

Originally posted by R Munch View Post

No its correct check Webster it means cry babies. What happen to the big V !! It must be his day to dust!!!
                  The dusting will come in May... Glad to see your back ...

Comment

That Rodney.... he's a hit and run master.
                    Dave
                    69 Mustang ProStreet
                    70 Torino

Comment

I am bringing my dinosaur to DW this year. Super Street Big Block N/A with the same goal: an eight second average. I think Jay Brown did it in 2015 and Eddie may have a couple years back. I don't have my handy records sheet with me to be sure.
                      Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

The new dinosaur, right? the velociraptor? not the old Brontosaurus?
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                          I am bringing my dinosaur to DW this year. Super Street Big Block N/A with the same goal: an eight second average. I think Jay Brown did it in 2015 and Eddie may have a couple years back. I don't have my handy records sheet with me to be sure.

Go Bill Go!
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                            Dave there you are Two or three BBF duking it out for a 8 second average how cool would that be...

Comment

Working...
                            X