Aussie Drag Challenge (Drag Week)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Drag Challenge (Drag Week)

This week Street Machine Magazine are running a Drag Challenge.
    Someone else owns the term Drag Week!
    Here's some action from the past few days.

Day one.

Day two.

Day three.

More to come, I'll add them as they come up on youtube.

Tim
    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Thanks for the videos. Looks like a great time!
    GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Another day

Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Great updates.

Comment

Here's Day Five

It cam down to the wire at Drag Challenge with the winning margin just 0.031sec - Quentin Feast took the win. For the full results go to Street Machine websi...

We had a blast this year. We had 50 cars entered (48 starters) and the quickest cars were into the seven second zone, which isn't bad considering how tough our road rules are. This year we decided to go all out with five track, five days and over 1500km. Most entrants did around 1700km or so once we were done. The roads were crap, the fuel was sparse and the kangaroos gave many entrants nightmares (no one hit one, but they're a constant source of danger on our country roads).

Because we don't have a lot of 1/4mile tracks we had to mix it up with 1/4 and 1/8mile. So rather than average the times, we just added them together. That kept things simple for the entrants. At one point the outright winning margin was over six tenths and we though it was all over at that point. But the guy chasing actually pulled back all that margin at one track and it was neck and neck all the way to day five with the winning margin after five tracks being just 0.031sec.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the videos (I made them, and ran the event). We'll be back bigger and better next year.

Oh, and by the way, check out www.streetmachine.com.au for more videos and pictures.
          Last edited by blownhemi; November 1, 2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I like the idea you guys used to cover the mix of 1/4 and 1/8 mile tracks by just adding the times up. So the one with the smallest package wins...oh wait...
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Thanks for posting the video's, great to see the Dragweek type events happening in other places.

Comment

Would be cool if Aussie DW and US DW could meet some where in between like maybe Tulsa
                Last edited by quick 52; November 10, 2015, 07:26 AM.
                Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                  I like the idea you guys used to cover the mix of 1/4 and 1/8 mile tracks by just adding the times up. So the one with the smallest package wins...oh wait...
                  Smallest package, lol.

It actually worked really well. The difference after five tracks and five days between the top two cars was just 0.031 of a second.

Comment

Working...
                  X