No announcement yet.

2016 DW build! Will I ever make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soooo trans output is 1 1/2 degrees down and pinion is 4+ degrees down so that should vibrate the bearings right out of the trans...

Comment

• Is that measured at ride height?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• IRS, it should not change as ride height changes
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          IRS, it should not change as ride height changes

Ah, I didn't catch that part.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• Cutting brackets and making shims, I'm within 1/2 degree right now should end up dead on.

Comment

• Worked on some interior stuff today, mostly the seats and figuring out the seat belts, more of that tomorrow. removed the return pump and installed the mid pipes then reinstalled the pump for the last time, all the oil lines are done except for the drain back into the engine, I'll finish that tomorrow. Test fit the valley and manifold, added a few pieces of foam to the radiator/ condenser/ intercooler and put the clips in the radiator for the last time. Got a lot of little things cleaned and ready for tomorrow so I hope it's as productive as today was.

Comment

• So at this point of time with two weeks till Drag Week what are the bigger hurdles to get over?
                Tim
                Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

• Originally posted by 65RHDEER View Post
                  So at this point of time with two weeks till Drag Week what are the bigger hurdles to get over?
                  Time. I just have to keep working, two weeks will be no problem as long as everything works. Every part of the driveline is new so as long as we have no big mechanical malfunction I'll make it. Be driving it and tuning in a week and I'll leave Friday the 9th. If it weren't for the driveline angle fiasco it would be running by now.

Comment

• So what happened to the driveline angle? Seeings its a IRS and everything is fixed what moved? Was it the trans upgrade that caused things to get moved around? See you at DW!
                    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• probably the rear, it has a 9" center in in now!
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by Nmbr1GMfan View Post
                        Cutting brackets and making shims, I'm within 1/2 degree right now should end up dead on.
                        Think of it this way... if the trans is tail down 1 1/2* and the pinion
                        is pointed up 1 1/2* its at zero... then roll the pinion nose down to
                        what you want

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                          So what happened to the driveline angle? Seeings its a IRS and everything is fixed what moved? Was it the trans upgrade that caused things to get moved around? See you at DW!
                          As squirrel has pointed out nothing is factory in this thing... BUT, the 9" was a bolt in kit so I was surprised when the driveline angle was so far off. I'm not that familiar with IRS and its setup, the manufacturer insisted it was correct but I didn't listen and cut up all the brackets to at least get the driveline operating on the same plane. We will know soon if I made the correct call.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post

Think of it this way... if the trans is tail down 1 1/2* and the pinion
                            is pointed up 1 1/2* its at zero... then roll the pinion nose down to
                            what you want
                            Oh I know how it works, I just don't understand how the manufacturer doesn't.

Comment

• "Bolt in"
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

• Bringing the heat today. Worked on getting the seat belt brackets lined out to fit but really can't finish the install of them and the seats till I roll it off the lift. Finished up all the oil return lines and have them on for the last time. Pushrods and rockers are on, started running fuel lines and crankcase evac lines. Water pump is on and fans are ready to drop in when I get belts and hoses.

Comment

Working...
                                X