2016 DW build! Will I ever make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
    The biggest thing is keep at it, chipping away at the list, working out the problems, making a decision and acting on it. This from the guy who missed DW 15 by a couple days. Don't let 'down time' waiting on parts or labor or what ever slow your progress. Car in the chassis shop? Organize your Drag Week spares and what you'll pack or get those wheels and tires mounted and balanced or build your trailer. Little stuff not done at the end will kill you or at least have you sleep deprived before you get to the first track. I delayed getting the chassis aligned or even fully checked out for square before adding the 25.5 cage and as a result I ended up building in a 3/8's variation across the front suspension pick-up points side to side and had to move the steering rack mounts with two days left before we had to hit the road. That killed us and I could have addressed those issues months before. In 2014 I got the cage certed and renewed my license at Tulas the day of registration. They now have a rule against that sort of thing. Don't be this guy.
    Duly noted, thanks for the sound advice.

Comment

One of the main reasons I'm going to keep posting my progress is because I just seem to stay more motivated as I can go back and see the forward momentum. One of my issues as far as working on the car was that I had no space to do so, not enough room at home nor at either one of my other shops, so the only way to make progress was to get some space. Been looking for about a month and had my name on a list at a super convenient location right across the street from work. I ended up with a nice little unit 25x30 just big enough for the car and a little elbow room. While the car is away getting the chassis stuff done I should be able to get the place set up. I have started with painting and putting up more lights, this weekend I'll build a loft for extra storage, work on more lighting then start to move tools and cabinets in.

Comment

Previous Tennant was hardcore, moved out and took the walls to the crapper even! lol
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
          Previous Tennant was hardcore, moved out and took the walls to the crapper even! lol
          Oh yeah and I probably should have mentioned... potty walls LOL.

Comment

I plan on starting a couple project car threads myself. I need someone to hold me accountable for my lack of progress.
            it looks like you're off to a great start. keep at it!
            1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
              I plan on starting a couple project car threads myself. I need someone to hold me accountable for my lack of progress.
              it looks like you're off to a great start. keep at it!
              I'm going to make full use of the awesome FL. winter getting stuff done.

Comment

Comment

Coated my housing and brackets today.

Comment

Don't listen to Billy - you are doing great! (Heck, your car is already in better shape than a typical "Gebhart" build a week before tech!) DO listen to the man with the straw hat, just keep working on it! You'll make it!!!!!!!

Comment

Every little bit is progress.
                      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                        Every little bit is progress.
                        Should have a relatively free weekend so gonna get a few more tidbits in order. May also be picking up a nice sized piece of the puzzle.

Comment

Well one more piece done. tubs and shocks are in, roll bar will get built and painted next week and installed the week after, then the solid cradle bushings, trailing arms clearanced, everything powder coated, reinstalled, then frame connectors.

Comment

Worked on the workspace today, Got a loft built and installed. Plus kids being goofballs!

Comment

Not a whole lot to report for today, bought enough wood to frame the bathroom walls and a framed door, also put up 2 more lights. Had to come home a little early because 7 days a week wears me out.

Comment

Is this a rental space? How much per month for something like that?

I love seeing the progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X